“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/1/2018 2:52 pm  #1

RELEGATION BATTLE

Unless  a relegation struggling team  capitulates entirely, the struggle to avoid the drop will be a close run thing. The Terrors have played 27  games at an average of just under 1 point per game The Terrors need to  start averaging over 1 point per game over the remaining 19 games if they are to  survive.  Taking into  consideration the number of games other clubs have left. and the points position today, Tooting need to  win at least another 8 games (24 points) before the end of the season. 

Reviewing the League positions today  there are potentially 10 teams (15th position and lower) who may be drawn into  the relegation zone. Realistically this number could be halved. Listed below are the remaining fixtures in schedule order, with the home games in capitals and the asterisks denotes games against potential relegation strugglers.

MET POLICE
Margate
BILLERICAY
Dorking *
Kingstonians *
Wingate & Finchley
WINGATE & FINCHLEY
Met Police
Lowestoft  *
LEISTON
Thurrock *
DORKING WANDERERS *
HENDON
Worthing *
Needham Market
LEATHERHEAD*
TONBRIDGE
Harrow *
HARLOW TOWN *

I will leave you to  contemplate and speculate.

Last edited by Mikem (10/1/2018 11:58 am)

08/1/2018 4:19 pm  #2

Re: RELEGATION BATTLE

Kingston have signed 3 players.Beere from Greenwich and 2 on loan from Billericay.I cant see us doing that.we maybe need a cash injection to save our season?.

08/1/2018 10:04 pm  #3

After reading the posts regarding Saturdays game, some several times, just to really punish myself, I then looked at the remaining games according to the fixture list provided by the Merstham programme, 18 in total,  at my most optimistic I could only arrive at a further eighteen points. Myself like a lot of other supporters, after our poor start and Worthing`s even worse one was comforting myself in the fact that only one team will go down, I do not feel quite so confident now, but with 54 points still to play for their is still a long way to go and until it is mathematically impossible, my glass will remain half full

09/1/2018 3:48 pm  #4

Its about this time of the season that I start to look at other teams' results.  Starting with Burgess Hill tonight!

09/1/2018 4:11 pm  #5

With 19 games still to go, which is only just less than half the season, I don’t intend to start calculating how we might NOT stay in the division.  Sorry Mike, I just don’t see the point.
But it has recently become clear that you look at things very differently to many/most.

Look at everything that has already happened this season.
Players in, players out, injuries, last minute goals.  Lots more adventures for us to ‘enjoy’ yet.
Live the dream.

09/1/2018 10:05 pm  #6

Curiously burgess hill was abandoned and it looks like they were 2-0 up. Not sure why...

09/1/2018 10:18 pm  #7

I understand where you are coming from Bondy, as you know I am one of the first to condem Mikem`s negativity regarding the team. But I do feel in this instance he is pointing out what we must all feel as supporters the way recent results have been going.
On the Saturday evening after reading  all the reports regarding the result, I myself started to think of the dreadful possibility of a swift return, not because I am a defeatist but just facing the reality, it could happen.
So I looked at the seasons results so far for positives as to where the forthcoming games might lead to further points, and I arrived at the total of 18.
Of course I hope and pray it will be more, and  hopefully it will be, but as we all know goals win games and at present they are in short supply.
But at present my glass is still half full, and hopefully will not to get below the half way mark.

10/1/2018 6:13 am  #8

dac123 wrote:

Curiously burgess hill was abandoned and it looks like they were 2-0 up. Not sure why...

Matt Briggs serious head injury at 70 mins.  He had to be taken to hospital which probably meant that Burgess Hill went past their Floodlight time.  I hope that he is ok.

10/1/2018 3:58 pm  #9

Sad to hear Ev  (as far as Matt goes anyway) hope he's ok ??  ......... but good that it was abandoned with them in front as far as we are concerned as it's another chance for Buggers Hill to lose the match in the near future and not get those 3 points.  All of us up at Chipstead thought it might have been floodlight failure - but then again not having them on down there wouldn't make an awful lot of difference ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera