“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/1/2018 7:06 pm  #1

Plod

Have tried very hard to think of something positive  to say about today's game and all I can come up with is that it finished.......

In the words of Private  Fraser "we're  doomed"... unless something  changes VERY soon. Some players seem to have given up already.

Yes, Dixon had a good goal ruled out but how many good chances went begging?

Next home game Billericay - God help us....

13/1/2018 7:22 pm  #2

Re: Plod

After today I was almost scared to log in Dave. So I am going to post early then bury my head.

Quite simply - we should have won.
We had enough really good chances, some good chances, defended their long punts quite well and had a keeper on sparkling form in the 1st half.
No excuses. Hang your heads lads.

Scurrying back briefly to my usual 'glass half full' mode:
- two of our front players were just back after injury
- is it more of a concern if your team don't create any chances?

I know, grasping at straws Bondy. Feel free to shoot me down.

13/1/2018 7:39 pm  #3

Totally  agree with you Bondy.

Met Police are not a good side and should have been comfortably beaten.

13/1/2018 8:17 pm  #4

Wasn't there today, but seeing these comments, it seems like it's the same old story. Creating plenty, but not converting chances.. Very frustrating and a missed opportunity as everyone else around us also lost.

Also missing Margate next week, which is a pity as that's normally a good day out. Which means my next game is Billericay, so to quote Dave M, GOD HELP US!!!! Having said that, I'm arranging my nephew to be mascot for that game. It's the fourth time he will be mascot and on the last two occasions, we have scored a total of 9 goals. Am I clutching at straws???

13/1/2018 8:25 pm  #5

Gutted,absolutely gutted.We did more than enough chances to win,but again can’t score when on top.Agree Met police not a good side.Where is a win coming from?I can’t see.

13/1/2018 9:21 pm  #6

I think met police are a good side if you look at their league position being just outside the play offs. But they were average at best today, no arguments there.

We played well despite the loss. We didn’t take our chances. And the players have to do better to score.

Good team performance but zero to show for it. And that’s our fault. Difficult to swallow that loss.

13/1/2018 9:24 pm  #7

Jake has left again

13/1/2018 10:13 pm  #8

Did he leave Casey, or , although having played for us again for a very, very short time, Frank has decided his reasons for letting him go the first time now seem more than valid. If that is the case, what a farce and I thought it was just me that clutched at straws!

13/1/2018 10:31 pm  #9

A tale of two teams equally matched, except in the goal scoring department. When will we start to being more clinical in front of goal, are our forwards ever going to finish off some of the chances that are presented to them.
So disappointed, especially if what Casey has stated as I would have liked to have seen a pairing of Jake and Dixon leading the line, elsewhere I thought we looked quite solid until the last ten minutes.                 Shame though the new left back is only on a months loan.
This coming Saturday is a game where, and don`t laugh, we could steal a point, as we always seem to raise our game away from home, especially when we expect to lose.
Then Billericay, bring it on.

13/1/2018 10:42 pm  #10

Today was a crap game with 2 Rubbish teams playing eachover... So Angry...

14/1/2018 10:32 am  #11

Can’t win a game if you can’t score a goal.Zero points when we should have had 3.Even a draw would have been something.

14/1/2018 11:20 am  #12

dac123 wrote:

I think met police are a good side if you look at their league position being just outside the play offs. But they were average at best today, no arguments there.

We played well despite the loss. We didn’t take our chances. And the players have to do better to score.

Good team performance but zero to show for it. And that’s our fault. Difficult to swallow that loss.

I'm actually going to go further than my rather soft last post and say it's almost unforgiveable the chances we didn't take. The Juevan one very early one in the first couple of minutes that he skied over the bar. He also had one later in the second half where the keeper made an excellent save low to his left and it went just past the post. And then Mike missed a few that he should really be putting away. Score those and its a different game. 

I genuinely believe that we are the sort of side that if we get in front, we have a much better chance of winning. It's the lack of confidence that is losing us games at the moment. Against Harlow and against Met Police, if we'd gone in front in both, i am so sure that we would have won both. But we don't take our chances, and then the inevitable happens - we lose our momentum and confidence in a game, then the opposition scores, and we usually capitulate. 

I have to say that was such an encouraging performance despite the loss. I didn't think we looked that good against Harlow even though i would say we were much the better side. I DID think we looked good yesterday. Their management team were panicked in the first 10 minutes with the onslaught they were witnessing. But we didn't take advantage and we inevitably lost. 

The worry for me isn't the performances, as we are creating chances, it's the fact that we are still coming away from games empty handed when we need more. With Margate away (they beat Dulwich yesterday who were on a good run) and Billericay at home, it is quite feasible we still have the same points tally in 2 games time. The only hope is that some of our rivals also pick up no points in that period...or we go and do something away at Margate!!

The balance of the team looked better yesterday, Eddie Dines was excellent and gives us some real solidity in midfield. I think Juevan caused the opposition all sorts of problems with his pace and direct running. 

I'm not seeing enough from Chace and Danny Bassett at the moment. Chace is our creative spark in midfield but isn't showing it at the moment. Isiah Jones looked good when he came on and was unlucky not to start. Dom was also unlucky to miss out- but i understand why he was sacrificed in place of Eddie. 

15/1/2018 7:49 am  #13

Maybe we should try 3 in central midfield,get Chace further forward.?It seams that we don’t win the midfield battle?I don’t know perhaps I’m getting desperate.I do think Bassett should have come off at half time,he was clearly injured.I think he is a better sub anyway.

15/1/2018 2:44 pm  #14

Having left games early this season  up until   December due  to the  turgid and insipid performances, and being totally outplayed by some teams, I think Saturday's performance should be put into  perspective.  Met Police are not where they are  without performing well. Except for the  very poor game against Leatherhead, the team have started to  play a lot better. The Terrors made the Met Police look ordinary because they starting to  play at the standard required for the Bostik Premier League. 

The  performances witnessed against  Enfield, Merstham, Harlow and the Police admittedly only one win,  but I don't mind watching when there is passion, a good performance which encourage you to  stay to the end.   

Up until the last 10 minute I thought the Terrors deserved to  win with the opportunities created. A clinically taken headed goal by the Police put a stop to  that ambition. There was a similar instance in the first half when Keeper Pierson pulled off a brilliant save. The less said about the second goal the better.  The recruitment and inclusion of players to  the squad have started to reap dividends. The process should have started last May, we are now playing catch up,  let's hope there is still enough time to  turn "The Tanker Around?"

I am still baffled by some selections, substitutions and team layout, but I am not the manager , but there seems to be work in progress.

15/1/2018 10:23 pm  #15

The three games you speak of are not the only games here the team have committed themselves well, without any return.
This is why some of us still have been positive in our postings and defensive regarding negative postings.
Glad you have joined the latter supporters rather than the former.
Just knew you would see the light eventually.
Welcome to the gang.

Board footera