“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/1/2018 10:14 pm  #1

JAKE BAXTER

Has left the club again.
I find this somewhat strange, having just joined, played and scored at Chipstead on the Tuesday, in the squad on Saturday, then leaves Saturday evening.
Confused!
Jake was named in the squad for Saturdays game, yet on on the Hartley Whitney web site, he played, and scored for them. 

Just what is going on, is it possible for a player to leave a club in the morning, then register for another and play that same day?

Last edited by alanj (14/1/2018 10:47 pm)

15/1/2018 1:23 am  #2

Re: JAKE BAXTER

From my conversations on Saturday everything in your posting is correct Alan.

Jake was originally named in the squad for Saturday (but not the starting 11)
Jake was not released, he left and returned to his previous club.

15/1/2018 9:58 am  #3

What i find strange Bondy is,he returns like the prodigal son, and I spoke to him when he first returned and he was really pleased to be back, what has happened for the sudden change around?
Also like I stated, can a player leave a club on a Saturday morning then turnout for another club the same day, all seems rather odd.
Such a shame because now he will not get the chance to prove himself at a higher level.

15/1/2018 10:29 am  #4

I don't know about his situation, but it is fairly common for players to hold dual registration with teams from a different league.  I think Josh Jackman is on a dual registration.  I think Claudio Hoban was also on one.  Whether that means you could play for both teams in the same day, I don't know, but presumably it makes swapping between clubs a little bit easier for the player by cutting out a bit of red tape.

15/1/2018 10:52 am  #5

As you say Endo, dual registration is quite common, but in this instance it does not feel quite right.

15/1/2018 11:56 am  #6

I'm not on Facebook but I'm told there's a video message on Hartley Wintney's Facebook page from
Jake Baxter explaining his return to the club.

15/1/2018 12:20 pm  #7

It appears Jeffb that he changed his mind on Thursday evening and he regretted leaving Hartley in the first place.

15/1/2018 2:22 pm  #8

Jake has been terrific for our club and is one of a kind in non league. An excellent player who plays with a huge smile on his face. Jake didn't fit into returning to the fractured side we have become and just looking at how Hartley promote themselves I can see why they are doing so well for a little supported village team, and why he would have made a mistake returning. Its bad times when we cant keep hold of local players who are see it as a better option to travel further afield to play for a small club in the middle of nowhere. 

16/1/2018 7:35 am  #9

Its simple hes a player that plays on the lsst man looks to get in behind. Watching him again leatherhead all the balls where being pumped up at head height and hes no target man at 5ft 5. We didnt play to hes strengthens he was a great player for us and im sure will go on to score goals. We need to get the balance of the team right but thats down to chairman to add and manager to coach fingers crossed.

16/1/2018 9:13 am  #10

When he first played for us he looked useless.  But he was always chasing long balls into the corner.  But after the coaching changes when Hams left and Dale came in he looked a different player.  And the goals came.  So, yes - you do need to play to the strengths of your forwards - especially if they are playing a solo role up front.

Which makes me wonder why we brought him back.  I couldn't see any way that he would fit into our current team - and I don't think he's good enough to change the way the team plays just to suit him.

But best of luck to Jake, and hopefully Frank will have a bit more luck in strengthening the forward department.

16/1/2018 10:59 am  #11

Got a lot of time for him... He always had time for the supporters and always played his heart out.
Shame things seem to have gone a bit weird.

Much as I like him I was surprised he resigned for us. In all truth with the size of the defenders we are now up against a small quick player may not be the answer at this time...

16/1/2018 1:36 pm  #12

The reason Jake came back was because he lives in Wandsworth & found the travelling to Hartley Wintney a bit of a trek. Why he has gone back there I dont know. He actually played last Saturday & guess what, he scored. As you say Steve he always had time for a chat. Good luck to him.

16/1/2018 5:33 pm  #13

Is Frank not allowed to post on this forum?
It is about time we got his views on this season so far and if he thinks we will avoid relegation.
Next 2 games seems very unlikely we will get a single point and the way results are going, Harlow and Plod  to name but 2, it is difficult to see when a we going to get any points?
If Frank is not allowed on here then more news of what's happening in the programme would be good. Why did Jake come then go? Is there any players he is hoping to sign? Just need some news please.

16/1/2018 6:02 pm  #14

At the end of the day Frank has kept a consistent 11-15 players together across the entire season, despite our poor performance and where we find ourselves in the league. I think this is testament to him and the team spirit, the guys are clearly playing for him, otherwise we would have seen a bit more attrition as the season continued. We've only actually lost our fringe players that have traditionally spent more time on the bench than on the pitch (which is expected of any team - given players not playing look for opportunities elsewhere). I think this is definitely a positive to take from the season so far. 

16/1/2018 7:13 pm  #15

I personally feel that this is the half the problem that most of these players are not up to standard. I feel that with some being mates its harder to cut them off. That saying i still feel paul is a massive coaching lose to our team that was maybe why jake gone as we didnt suit hes play and as said paul played the team to hes strengths. I feel we are a good 4 players short and we  also had more depth last year than now. lets hope they prove me wrong and with this tough run of fixtures they can pull it around.

Last edited by TPF (16/1/2018 10:47 pm)

17/1/2018 3:38 pm  #16

"Is Frank not allowed to post on this forum?
It is about time we got his views on this season so far and if he thinks we will avoid relegation."

Frank writes his column in every home programme and is always forthright in his views.
Buy a programme, read all about it ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera