“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/2/2018 6:54 pm  #1

K's double

Super performance by the Terrors in atrocious conditions and with a numpty referee who should never have started the match and made many dreadful descions. Glad he did though. 3 lovely points and the double duly completed over the K's.

Last edited by DeePee (03/2/2018 6:56 pm)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

03/2/2018 7:17 pm  #2

Re: K's double

I agree solid performance from tooting all put in the hard work to get us over the line i thought Danny Bassett played really well worked hard up and down the wing deserved win

Keep it up tooting

03/2/2018 8:15 pm  #3

A great effort from all the lads today.I couldn’t and wouldn’t pick a man of match.If we can keep that spirit going we will be ok.The match was only just on and pitch barely playable.Because we won I’m glad it was played.Hope the lads have good rest next couple of days,and injured players get fit.Well done to all.

04/2/2018 12:05 am  #4

What guts, what spirit, what courage, what determination, what fight, what the fcuk am I on about ? I'm pissed and very, very happy  COME ON TOOTING ! WAHOOOOO

04/2/2018 12:48 am  #5

Absolutely fizzing after that. It weren't pretty, but I don't give a s**t. Well done lads, a real gutsy performance.

04/2/2018 1:12 am  #6

K’s are due to play on that pitch again on Monday night. And Leatherhead on Wednesday.
And I believe I was told they had another lower level game to fit in as well before next weekend.
Ridiculous. Far fairer to all if they got the Subbuteo out in the bar to decide those games.

Much as I would be against every club playing on plastic, pitches like that one, Burgess Hill etc bring the standard of the league in to disrepute.

The referee and linesman would not let the subs warm up at the mildly flooded end, only in the complete bog.
Both managers appealed for a rethink at half time.   Oh no, said the Jobsworth, ‘league rules say...’   Pathetic.

Still, on to us.
I did not post last week and was really surprised everyone was so forgiving about the worst 45 mins of footie played by our team this season.  All the zebra clad seemed grateful/pleased/relieved by the single point earned.
Well it was ****

However...... today we saw a real fighting performance any supporter would be pleased with.
Simply standing up was an achievement and still some strange passing decisions that gave away precious possession when K’s were the team needing to chase the game.
But a magnificent battling win with standout displays all over the pitch.

Sorry to see Danny B depart with a groin injury after a high energy display. Hope that heals quickly.
Amused to see Sol and Quincey chuckling in the 2nd half when both (also) wanted to come off after comparing knocks but then accepting that was simply not an option.
That must have taken a lot out of the lads today but onward and upward for a draw on Tuesday and........

04/2/2018 1:22 pm  #7

Nothing wrong with being grateful/pleased/relieved with an away point, surely points are more important than performance at the moment.
Don't agree that the game shouldn't have started either. It was very wet and heavy, but perfectly playable, the players just have to adapt their game to the conditions, whether we did that effectively is debatable, we constantly gave the ball away with high risk passing attempts when simple ball retention would put us under less pressure and having to defend constantly. Our front players inability to hold the ball up is also hurting us, I don't think this is going to change, so we have to hope our defensive game is up to it. It was yesterday and K's were restricted to few clear cut chances despite having most of the second half possession. We certainly deserved the 3 points and the confidence is growing, still a long way to go but we're moving in the right direction.

04/2/2018 6:39 pm  #8

Should mention I thought S P-B was epic at the back. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

05/2/2018 12:55 am  #9

I said as much before the game, considering he had not played for a while he will have a lot to prove, and he did.
I feel he certainly done enough to start on Tuesday.

05/2/2018 10:06 am  #10

Link to match report and photos on official website

https://tmunited.org/Pages/Article/238

Board footera