“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/2/2018 9:32 am  #1

Huge Weekend Ahead

Those around us have some tough looking fixtures, Burgess Hill have a tough looking game away at in-form play-off chasing Margate, Needham Market are away to play-off chasing Staines and Harlow are away at a resurgent Worthing ! It seems strange to say it now, but we could probably do with Worthing winning that one, if 4 were going down we would probably want it to be a draw. Our fixture at Lowestoft is massive, if we could somehow nick a win we would leapfrog the Trawlermen and drag them right into the relegation dogfight (if they're not already in it). I don't want to tempt fate but here are my predictions for the games.......

Margate 2 Buggers Hill 1
Worthing 3 Harlow 1
Staines 3 Needham Market 0
Lowestoft 0 Tooting & Mitcham

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (15/2/2018 10:33 am)

15/2/2018 10:27 am  #2

Re: Huge Weekend Ahead

Boggy I am going to put a spanner in the works and say 2-0 to us

15/2/2018 11:09 am  #3

Didn't Lowestoft beat us 5-2 at home, or though saying that didn't they also give a 3-1 lead away against Wingate and Finchley. Which Tooting and Mitcham will turn up?.

15/2/2018 11:21 am  #4

Routemaster wrote:

Didn't Lowestoft beat us 5-2 at home

They did Routey but we were at our lowest ebb and it was a white hankie waving, capitulating, towel chucking in, surrender. We're made of sterner stuff now and confidence should be high as we're on our longest unbeaten streak of the season so far.

COME ON TOOTS !!

16/2/2018 6:07 pm  #5

For those who can't get to Lowestoft, there is a top of the table clash for the Under 23's.  Tooting in 2nd place, 27 points from 10 games, play Sutton, 30 points from 12 games. 
Kick off at Imperial Fields is 3pm

17/2/2018 7:22 pm  #6

Very much looking forward to reading the opinions of those in attendance today.
Looks another good and valuable away point for us.

No points yet again for Burger Hill. And they catch up another of those games in hand on Tuesday when they are away to Needham M.  Nothing there for them surely.
Harrow and Dorking lost as well but all the others around us (also) drew.  Pretty good set of results.
Onward and upward for the Terrors.

And what damage have we done to Wingate & Finchley?  Confidence seems in tatters.

Poor old Bill & Dickey. Can only hope that defeat was as a result of numerous sendings off etc.
Tampon must have been doing a highly charged version of his touch line war dance with everyone else surely to blame.

17/2/2018 9:19 pm  #7

Like yourself Bondy, I felt so sorry for Tampon 
my cheeks hurt from laughing!
No not my buttocks Cricket.

Board footera