“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/2/2018 5:06 pm  #1

The "Lowestoft Sixteen" !!

Congratulations to the 16 Terrors fans that made the long trek up to Lowestoft on Saturday afternoon by various means. (Only one intrepid fan managed to foil Railtrack's efforts at thwarting what should have been a great day out.

The local hostelry was probably the finest one we've ever visited on our "Bog End Away Days", it's a crying shame that more did not find themselves able to make the trip.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

18/2/2018 11:49 pm  #2

Re: The "Lowestoft Sixteen" !!

I wonder who that one intrepid fan could have been?????

Great day out though. Despite the fact that the football was not the best, I thoroughly enjoyed the day and would have taken a point at the start.

Must say that the Stanford Arms is a contender for one of the best away pubs I have been in.

19/2/2018 8:52 am  #3

Fantastic boozer, I'm not a Real Ale fan, I prefer something more thirst quenching but they did have strong Polish lager on offer so everyone was a winner. Extremely friendly bar staff and locals. I was disappointed when told the live music was due to begin at 2 O'clock cos I thought it would be a conversation killer but the geezer on guitar opens up with ' Meet me on the corner' by Lindisfarne, TUUUUUUUNE ! Be making a bee-line for that pub next season if we both manage to avoid the drop.

Not much to say about the game, a deserved 0-0 draw if ever I've seen one. Quincy and Matt Drage were awesome though.

In fact 2 intrepid fans beat Railtrack, Statto and Ginger Danny but it was still a much depleted away following. All in all a very enjoyable day out.

19/2/2018 2:42 pm  #4

Danny, Cheery Dave and Len "The Bishop" actually went up on Friday for a right royal whole lost weekend in Norwich on the pi$$ so they don't count as having defied Railtrack ! They're probably still up there now ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

19/2/2018 4:46 pm  #5

DeePee wrote:

Danny, Cheery Dave and Len "The Bishop" actually went up on Friday for a right royal whole lost weekend in Norwich on the pi$$ so they don't count as having defied Railtrack ! They're probably still up there now ! 

I believe they are still there 😂

Board footera