“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/2/2018 10:06 am  #1

TOM JELLEY

Due to a considerable reduction in the playing budget he, along with two others has been released by Tonbridge Angels.
Could he return again!

19/2/2018 10:42 am  #2

Re: TOM JELLEY

I haven't seen Fadahunsi much, but I think Jelley would improve any team in this division.  I suppose it depends on why he left last time.  And will the budget stretch...

19/2/2018 11:36 am  #3

Jelley's arguably the best right back in the division and given our current predicament any improvement could be vital. BUT, would he bugger off again at the first offer of a more lucrative contract. AND, how would Tope feel ? good prospect and hasn't really let anyone down when he's been called upon. If there is a decision to be made I'm glad it's not me who has to make it. My heart says Tope, my head says Jelley. I'm begining to wibble wobble.

19/2/2018 1:10 pm  #4

It depends whether you go for experience, or promise know which I would go for under the circumstances we find ourselves in.
Tope is a very good prospect, and no he has not let us down, but I feel that our priority has to be to strengthen the team whenever possible.
We are coming back to the "Sawyer" argument again, personally, and disappointed as I am when a good player moves on you can not blame them for putting earnings first.

19/2/2018 4:01 pm  #5

I was glad when Tom signed for us. THe reason he left us for Tonbridge Angels was because his wife had just had a baby & Tonbridge offered him an eighteen month contract, I would welcome him back with open arms.
Nothing can beat experience at our level. Tope is good for the future.

19/2/2018 4:01 pm  #6

I was glad when Tom signed for us. THe reason he left us for Tonbridge Angels was because his wife had just had a baby & Tonbridge offered him an eighteen month contract, I would welcome him back with open arms.
Nothing can beat experience at our level. Tope is good for the future.

19/2/2018 4:07 pm  #7

If that's true Geoff, what does a contract mean at Isthmian level?  Has he been paid up for the full 18 months?  Which would be odd as apparently he's been released in a cost cutting measure.

19/2/2018 10:54 pm  #8

What does any contract mean in the present world Endo! it is there to be broken. Look at the premiership, no loyalty there.

22/2/2018 10:06 pm  #9

Tom Jelley has gone back to Hampton & Richmond

Board footera