“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/2/2018 11:53 am  #1

Thurrock FC to fold..

THURROCK manager, Mark Stimson has told the press that this will be the last season for Thurrock FC.Boss Stimson made the admission in his filmed interview with The Bostik League Show on Saturday.Thurrock had just lost at home to Hendon.Two days later, the ground was put up for sale.Stimmo was full of praise for his players as they have been playing for the club with this cloud over them.

22/2/2018 2:03 pm  #2

Re: Thurrock FC to fold..

If this is true, does it mean no team will go down this year?????

22/2/2018 4:56 pm  #3

Thurrock need to  find to  find someone who will purchase their ground and  keep the club going, or find another location for ground sharing.  Also, this will impact Romford who share the facility. I am sure the club members will not give up without  fight.  However , I understand clubs must notify the league before the end of March, if they are struggling to  find a ground,  or are intending to  ground share.  Dulwich Hamlet are in a similar situation, and they have to  make a decision before the cut off date.

An alternative would be for Thurrock to  merge with Grays Athletic or Averley.  All 3 clubs are located within an immediate radius of each other.  Averley have just opened their new Million pound stadium,  and Grays are tenants, but looking at moving back to Grays after discussions with the local council.  Any merger with the either of the two said clubs, would allow the new merged clubs  to  play in the Bostik premier League, Both Averley and Grays are now play in  the north division.

All of the above is a very interesting situation for the Bostik League.  How Thurrock will now perform after the announcement of their ground is for sale, and the Manager will move on at the end of the season will have a direct impact on relegation and promotion.  Thurrock's next two games are away to  Burgess Hill and home to the Terrors. They also have to  play promotion contenders before the end of the season.

On relegation,  the league may simply still relegate one team and promote an extra team from North of South Division by creating a play- off-final for the losers of each of the North/South play-off finals? All of this sheer speculation as I am sure the League is uncertain of the current situation. 

Interesting question..... What would the Terrors do in a similar situation?

23/2/2018 1:46 pm  #4

I suspect they would reprieve the bottom club out of the Isthmian, southern and northern leagues with the best record.

23/2/2018 5:16 pm  #5

I heard that 1 team is still going down this year...

Very sad news, seem a really nice club with a decent bunch of fans who kept on singing despite being 4-0 down at our place earlier in the season

23/2/2018 7:23 pm  #6

Everything is speculation, hopefully they will survive. Perhaps we'll learn more when we visit them in a week's time? Very sad to  see any club disappear.

23/2/2018 10:15 pm  #7

Could not agree more Mikem, but in todays money driven world it is always the fans who lose out.

24/2/2018 7:43 am  #8

The bottom club in the Bostik Premier League  will be relegated to step 4, however if Thurrock do fold then the FA (not the league), will give a reprieve to the relegated club across all the step 3 leagues that has the best points per game record this season

24/2/2018 7:43 pm  #9

Historically East London/Essex clubs that folded  became part of what is now Dagenham and Redbridge.

24/2/2018 11:26 pm  #10

Wetherby Mike wrote:

Historically East London/Essex clubs that folded  became part of what is now Dagenham and Redbridge.

If I'm  right Dagenham & Redbridge are made up of.

Ilford
Leytonstone
Leytonstone & Ilford
Walthamstow Avenue (I thimk)
Dagenham
Redbridge Forest

Any more anyone?

Board footera