“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/3/2018 1:17 pm  #1

Kicking lumps out of opponents

Article by Sam Cunningham in today's "i" newspaper on the Spurs v Juventus match includes "... Juventus
adapted the tactics of a relegation-threatened Isthmian League side and started kicking lumps out of their opponents".
I have e-mailed Mr.Cunningham asking how many Isthmian League matches he has  seen this season and letting him know that I have seen many matches of a certain " relegation-threatened Isthmian League " side this season and have yet to see them " adopt the tactics of kicking lumps out of their opponents". Also invited Mr. Cunningham to a T & M game. Will be
interesting to see if I get a response.

08/3/2018 1:32 pm  #2

Re: Kicking lumps out of opponents

Some people just make negative comments like that in order to make the article more interesting. Does not seem to matter if they are true or not
Well done for bringing his negative comments to his attention, let us see if he can back them up!.

09/3/2018 11:41 am  #3

Well said Jeff - may be we should all email this "Reporter" to point out how wrong his is...

Here is the link to the report if any one want to read it.
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-juventus-higuain-dybala-out/ 

09/3/2018 3:35 pm  #4

I won't be too upset if someone kicks lumps out of their number 7 tomorrow, remember him ?

We can leapfrog Dorking tomorrow if we beat them 14-0 I think, my maths has been known to let me down in the past "minus thirty three less fourteen...... errrrrm"

09/3/2018 9:42 pm  #5

Could not agree with you more buddy.
Dirty piece of work.
Pity we do not have Maclaren any more, sure he would have been only too pleased to oblige.

10/3/2018 12:13 pm  #6

To his credit, Sam Cunningham has replied to my e-mail. He has apologised for his "throwaway remark" which
is the type of cliche, he says, that he usually tries to avoid. The Bostik League has been in touch with him and he has
agreed to attend a match featuring a " relegation- threatened" team, maybe us. He would then write a piece in the " i "
the following week. I have assured him of a warm welcome if he does come to a T & M game.

10/3/2018 5:14 pm  #7

After watching today’s match I think Mr Cunningham may have been referring to Dorking Wanderers. How they finished with as many as 10 players on the pitch is a mystery to me.

11/3/2018 10:58 am  #8

If Mr Cunningham was at yesterdays game he might think his original comments were justified.
We all want to see the game flow and we're quick to criticize overly fussy referees, but when we get one that lets a few challenges go it quickly escalates into what happened yesterday. Very entertaining though!

11/3/2018 2:03 pm  #9

Despite the result, I really enjoyed the game. It just wasn’t our day. We created plenty of chances. But we need someone to take them. I’ll bring my boots next time.

11/3/2018 5:05 pm  #10

I did not think that we played that well at all until Jeuvan and Reis came on.  I though that Jeuvan was unstoppable yesterday and Reis looked to be a real handful and really looked like he wanted to get stuck in.

Quite a good punch up on the pitch which reminded me of the good old days! Almost as good as the fight in the snow at Dulwich about 12 years ago!

12/3/2018 2:51 pm  #11

Anyone else think that Dorking game was actually one we could ill afford to lose? Both in terms of our league position, and also in terms of the way we played, that loss was bad. Just to clarify i mean i thought we played reasonably well and therefore shouldn't really have lost. Two shocking bits of defending (watch the replays on the Back of the net south highlights - avoidable!!)

Looks a bit tight round the bottom and if Burgess were to win all their games in hand (which we can probably safely say they won't) then we would sit bottom right now. Which is a worry.

Whilst our performances at times have looked good (or better), we still find ourselves very much in the same position that we were about 10 games ago, which would suggest we haven't actually improved a great deal? Maybe i'm overreacting.

I still believe in this squad to get us out of this, but i think we are going to have to start getting (more) points on the board sharpish

Last edited by dac123 (12/3/2018 2:53 pm)

12/3/2018 2:59 pm  #12

Was Quincy slightly injured or just not selected for the 1st eleven?

Board footera