“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/4/2018 8:29 am  #1

2 games for Burgess Hill this week

They have 2 home games this week which will clear up the "games in hand" issue.  Two defeats for them and its all to play for.  Two wins, and we'll be out on our feet.

09/4/2018 10:26 am  #2

Re: 2 games for Burgess Hill this week

Even if burgess hill by some miracle lose or draw I still think we will struggle to get anything

09/4/2018 2:37 pm  #3

Well done Donny.
Somewhere in the postings about the Tonbridge game were several comments about how positive our ‘supporters’ were.  And I fully agree. 
Apart from a few groans the stand was a buzz of encouragement, right from the start.
And what did we get from our team in response?   Everything but the win we so badly wanted.

Endo is trying to keep that going by suggesting if other results go our way ‘it’s all to play for’.
And it really is.  Just a few precious points might be required.
But no.  Leap straight in to drag everyone down.

Sorry, I just don’t understand that.
The great creator surely positioned our eyes in the front of our heads so we could look forward, not backwards.
KEEP THE FAITH

09/4/2018 4:05 pm  #4

Bondy I cheer the team on as much as any supporter heap praise on any player given everything to win I would love to stay up but on our own merit but I can’t see where the points are going to come from

10/4/2018 9:56 am  #5

I am normally optimistic. But we had many chances on Saturday that were not put away and then to hear that Burgess Hill did not lose was very deflating..... though at least on Saturday the players showed spirit and fight...

10/4/2018 9:20 pm  #6

Well they,ve lost the first one 2-4 to Enfield.

10/4/2018 9:58 pm  #7

In previous postings I have linked our sorry plight to that of Bognor Regis who, like us, won their division comfortably last year but who, like us, have really struggled this season.

Well tonight, after a run of just one win in 8 games with a string of cancellations, they defeated play off placed St Albans.

Things can change. Good things can happen.

10/4/2018 10:12 pm  #8

Bondy wrote:

In previous postings I have linked our sorry plight to that of Bognor Regis who, like us, won their division comfortably last year but who, like us, have really struggled this season.

Well tonight, after a run of just one win in 8 games with a string of cancellations, they defeated play off placed St Albans.

Things can change. Good things can happen.

That is indeed true about Bognor, Bondy.

But just to nit pick, I wouldn't say we won our league comfortably last season

11/4/2018 9:21 am  #9

Have or will Burgess Hill give us a lifeline and if so can we take it ? Keep the faith !!!!

12/4/2018 6:29 pm  #10

A 13 goal defeat for Burgess Hill tonight will see us climb off the bottom of the table

12/4/2018 8:25 pm  #11

Lost tonight hope Tooting boys get a uplift from that and get some points from the last remaining games

12/4/2018 8:36 pm  #12

Hope springs eternal fellas.

Three cup finals coming up!!!! Can your nerves take it??? I'm not sure mine can!!!!

THE BOSTIK LEAGUE IS UPSIDE DOWN
THE BOSTIK LEAGUE IS UPSIDE DOWN

12/4/2018 11:29 pm  #13

I have the greatest pleasure in saying to the doom mongers ‘I was right’.  All is far from lost.

Equally, we are far from safe of course.  But we were never out of it as so many suggested.
And now our destiny our is in our own hands.

My glass is still 3/4 full (apart from those I drained tonight in celebration)

13/4/2018 8:46 am  #14

Game on!! a 3 game shootout to the death! Our goal difference is quite a bit worse off so we'll need to do more than match the points they get from here on in. 

I expect nothing but rapturous support in our remaining games, something akin to what I heard/witnessed at home vs Tonbridge. 

Curiously Harrow, our next opponent, beat Lowestoft a hefty 6-0 last night. 

Come on boys lets do it!! 3 games to stay up...i can't wait

13/4/2018 9:10 am  #15

The song goes...

The Bostik League Is Upside Down
We're going up as the Champions
Billericay are going down

13/4/2018 1:18 pm  #16

Let's hope Harrow used up all there goals last night for the week, but resume banging them in last day of the season and that Burgess Hill are completely cream crackered after three games in six days. Let us also hope, pray and do whatever else is needed to hope Tooting play like last Saturday only this time score a few with a clean sheet.

13/4/2018 2:51 pm  #17

I  reckon we will get a point or three this Saturday . Keep the faith !!!

14/4/2018 4:01 pm  #18

Crucial goal, crucial point against Harrow. Keep the faith. Well done !!!

Board footera