“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/4/2018 8:08 pm  #1

The Future.........

I went along to the Dulwich v Tonbridge game Tuesday night... Even though Dulwich lost I left the ground really quiet depressed...A season that should have been the start of a new successful period of our clubs history has ended in a total car crash.

Dulwich had loads of volunteers and helpers on show. Members and Directors of the various supporters and fan groups walking around and making themselves available to answer questions etc.... In other words a million miles away from what the match day experience is at our home games.
They still look like reaching the play offs yet again with games to spare even with the huge off field problems which have nearly destroyed them.

Carshalton heading for a promotion into the division in which we have totally messed up.... And what's the betting if they do go up they will stay there. This is a club that a few years ago lost most of its support through the actions of it's owners... Who now get far bigger crowds than us.

Sutton United having yet another good season in the top half of the Conference Premier. A good chance of making the play offs or even getting promoted.

What ever league we are in next season we better be ready for it... Both on the pitch and of it. We really can't have another disaster like this season has been. Our noisy neighbours and squatters are light years ahead of us.

One of the reasons I went to the Dulwich game was to talk to people there about what they have done to help boost the profile of their club. I have a couple of contacts over at Sutton and have got some good ideas from both clubs.

Once this seasons over I'm going to ask for help from you all... I have some ideas which may or may not work so advice, ideas and back up will be needed please. I'll be getting more involved with the supporters club to try and make things work...

We still have a good fan base and fantastic support.... We just need to get people back.... Not easy when we've had the season we have had.... But with your help we can all give it a fu* king good go....

Cheers....

Harry x

11/4/2018 8:34 pm  #2

Re: The Future.........

It is nice to hear someone being positive regarding the club, and thinking of the future.
Will there be information on this site Harry?

11/4/2018 8:47 pm  #3

Cheers 59 & Alan.... Everything will go up on here....

11/4/2018 8:54 pm  #4

Thank`s for that.

11/4/2018 9:25 pm  #5

great post harry,and i know how much you care.good luck with whatever you manage to do,but you know 
you are going to need not just help from other supporters but most importantly help from steve adkins and
bearing in mind he now has dulwich signed up for next season he should be receiving quite a boost to the
income,lets see if he puts some of that extra income into our club,he is after all the owner and the 
chairman.come on steve show us you care!

12/4/2018 7:26 am  #6

I think we need to be realistic here. It is up to us to prove to Steve that we, as supporters care about our club and are prepared to put some effort into making things better.
Perhaps if we do, that Steve might feel that as we are now doing our bit, he will feel inclined to put even more of his own money into improving the team.
I have no idea how much he is already subsidising the team, but you only have to do the maths to see it runs into several thousands.
We as supporters have to prove to him that by our efforts it can have a positive effect and perhaps he will follow suit.
I know there are many sceptics out there but if we do not show commitment, why should he.
Not wishing to be negative but my worry now is he can see what supporters can achieve through hard work and might feel he is being short changed by ourselves, and I include myself in that.
So let us all get behind Harry and the newbies and make this a new era for the club, by showing how much we support it.

12/4/2018 9:29 am  #7

Gents,

Thanks for the feed back. Got a nervous few days waiting to find out where we will be playing next year but once everything is settled we can crack on.

First thing to get back on track is the Tooting Tuesdays which a couple took place at the beginning of this season. I've spoken to Jackie about this and there should be no problem getting space to get together a chat about ideas etc.

I'll arrange the first one shortly...

Cheers.

Steve. 

14/4/2018 10:35 am  #8

With regards to supplementing the budget as you all know that we try & raise funds through the golden goal tickets, the 50/50 tickets, & as far as I know the advertising around the pitch which should bring in a fair amount not unless that income has been redirected to somewhere else. Dont forget last season we had the tea bar, which made over £1000 profit, but in his wisdom Mr. Adkins decided that he wants to run the thing instead, We try to raise money but it seems when we are making a profit no matter how small/big it is, the carpet always seems to be taken away from under our feet

23/4/2018 9:32 am  #9

Right everyone... I've not forgotten this.
Just waiting to find out where we will be playing next year before starting to make plans.

Had loads of good feedback from the people I've spoken to and it looks like the idea of bringing back the short lived Tooting Tuesday is a goer.

Sorry I didn't hang around Saturday but it's fair to say that someone very close to my heart was not having a good day.

See you at Not Plod.

23/4/2018 10:12 am  #10

Hackbridge Harry wrote:

Sorry I didn't hang around Saturday but it's fair to say that someone very close to my heart was not having a good day.

You didn't need to leave early on my account Steve, I was just a bit depressed about the result that's all. I'm fine now.

30/4/2018 11:09 am  #11

BUMP

Board footera