“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/4/2018 8:42 pm  #1

The Think It's All Over...

It is now, barring a minor mirical next week.

Today was a repeat of the last few months..lots of huffing and puffing with no reward.

Can't  score and yet another defensive error.

Yes we hit the cross barand Wilson came close but that was it really.

Can't see us staying up now. Basically over the season we've been the worst team (or worst managed) and deserve what we get.

21/4/2018 9:00 pm  #2

Re: The Think It's All Over...

No lack of effort just lack of quality.
In my opinion, despite the poor defensive record, it is shortage of goals that will ultimately cost us. If you can score goals you always have a chance whatever the defensive shortcomings,
I don't see a goal in our current starting X1.
Difficult to see a way out now, a win may not be enough, but while there's life there's hope.

22/4/2018 5:08 am  #3

Managment.  As we have seen in the last few matches: the difference to the team when Reis and Dan Clements  came on a subs was highly noticable.  Should have started with them both.  Very poor decision making. 

22/4/2018 6:47 am  #4

I thought we would fly out the box,start at a high tempo,get more men forward.No we didnt ,why?It was only last 15-20 mins that we actualy had any urgency.Was going to stay on for player of the season but was just so gutted couldnt be bother.Mr angry.If we had a cat i would have kicked it.My dog is bigger than me so i calmed down.

22/4/2018 7:48 am  #5

I can not understand the thinking behind playing one up front, yet again!.
This without a doubt was the most important game of the season, three points and we would be well on our way to safety.
But what do we see, one up front. Sometimes you have to rethink the strategy that as a manager you have stuck with all season, with little or no reward, especially in the situation we were in.
But no so it was the same old same old. it was left until too late in the game to make the required changes, but once they were made the difference was immediately noticeable.
Frank has now left the team with a mountain to climb next Saturday, will he change his tactics, well he has not done so far.
It might be a very sad group of fans leaving Imber Court next week.

Last edited by alanj (22/4/2018 7:49 am)

22/4/2018 9:46 am  #6

I am very sadly changing my stance.

To win the game we had to score a goal.
Although the defence played pretty well the chance of keeping a clean sheet for 90 mins was minimal.

To score a goal we had to be committed to strong attacking.
And whilst I can understand the desire to start from a solid foundation I’m as confused as everyone else.

The oppo was a very average bottom 4 team with a very poor away record.
Even with our limited attacking resources - go out and beat them, bolstered by a pretty sizeable, loud and supportive crowd.
Very confused.

Like you Casey I found that I simply did not have the stomach to stay for presentations.  Sad.

22/4/2018 9:58 am  #7

I've accepted it now... What a horrible season... We were so unprepared for the higher league and we have got what we deserve...

I don't fault the players effort... they try their best... but there not good enough for this league ... I don't get the tactics... Why do we put only 1 striker up front? That's one of our many problems... Why is Reis not playing? You can see how much it means to him and he's much more fit then Omar...

Our defence is a fucking shambles... We have the worst goal difference in the league... We have conceded 99 goals this season  (fucking 99)... that's not acceptable...

Our crowds have gone down... With Carshalton, Sutton, SCR and dulwits doing well... There obviously getting big crowds... We've been the worst team in the area this season...

I have no confidence going into Saturday and we will be a Bostik South side next season... And thats what we are... An average Bostik South Side... We have to accept that were not a big club anymore and that last season was a one off...

This season has been heart bracking for all of us as we spend hard earned cash to watch Rubbish like that every week... We've got what we deserve, and that's relegation

22/4/2018 5:11 pm  #8

have to agree with ev and others manager has been poor all season regarding both team selection 
substitutions{late} and tactics dont want to put the boot in but the buck stops with the manager and he has
proved now that he is just not good enough at this level,time to go frank.

22/4/2018 6:27 pm  #9

I don’t like what is happening to this great club poor management since Paul left spoke to Reis when warming up said doesn’t know why frank doesn’t play him from the start of the game thinks Omar is a good player he thinks linking up with him up front is the way to go but frank doesn’t seem to want to know why do we always have stubborn managers

23/4/2018 9:36 am  #10

Its a miserable time for the club at the moment.  To have any chance of survival, we need at least a point at Plod.  And to do that we either have to keep a clean sheet or score a goal - neither of which we're having much luck with.  And even then we have to rely on forces elsewhere.  

Regarding the manager - yes he has to carry the bulk of the responsibility.  Even if players haven't performed, he's had 45 games to get the right players in.

Is it a sacking offence?  Well he can't have any complaints if he does get the boot.  But we could also look at Sean Dyche who took Burnley down after just one season in the Premiership only to bounce back at the 1st attempt.  And now they are 7th in that league and will have their best league position in 50 years.  

23/4/2018 10:24 am  #11

For the 3rd game in a row the Non League Paper gave their Star Man award to our opposition's goalkeeper. However, over the course of the season we've now fired 16 blanks in the league, we aren't enough of a threat up the sharp end and the goals have all but dried up. 99 conceded tells it's own story. We haven't won in the league or scored more than once in a game since February 10th.

Having said all that, I'll still be at Imber Court having had a skinful of beer, shouting myself hoarse to try and rally our troops.

COME ON TOOTING !!!

23/4/2018 12:34 pm  #12

I can't believe with our defensive record that we aren't playing Quincy Rowe.  Saying that, I even think that he would do a better job than Omar Folkes upfront.  Time to go for it Frank - it's win or bust!

23/4/2018 1:23 pm  #13

As you pointed out Chris conceded 99 goals and Matt player of the year what does that tell you I think we have reached the end of the tunnel and there’s no light if only we could fix the results Saturday you could be a messiah

24/4/2018 12:45 pm  #14

Well we,re not relegated yet and I,m still confident we can escape. We,ll have to improve on that lame effort on Saturday to have any chance though.
Defence wise I think we have improved over the last few months, its at the other end that has hurt us. Our inability to score goals despite having plenty of posession in most games is the main reason we are in this position.
Frank persisting on playing one forward up front who cannot run, jump or cause the opposition any problems at all, all pretty basic requirements for a striker at this level, is a failure of management that is obvious to see.
Its not Omars fault that he gets picked, of course, and he actually played not bad at the weekend, but you cannot tell me there is not one striker around that could have done that job better. We,ve got Reis on the bench who is obviously busting a gut to play and has had hardly any proper game time since he joined us a few months back.
Come on Frank, you,ve got one more game to give us any chance, change something or we probably go down.

24/4/2018 3:11 pm  #15

Surely two strikers have to play from the start against Met Police.

24/4/2018 4:20 pm  #16

Sadly it is no longer in our hands. If Burgess Hill win on Saturday it doesn't matter what we do we are relegated. 

24/4/2018 8:22 pm  #17

See harrow thrashing Dorking hope they do the same to burgess on Saturday and we get at least a point to plod oh you can only hope

Board footera