“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/4/2018 7:28 pm  #1

Burgess Hill

It’s ironic that Burgess Hill is involved with us with our first team and our u23 in the premier we hope they lose and we win or draw and the u23 want them to lose so we win the development league weird

24/4/2018 8:19 am  #2

Re: Burgess Hill

A strange coincidence indeed Don, two development sides packed full of promising young talent vying for the championship, sweeping all before them, and two senior sides not worth a w.ank 

24/4/2018 9:30 am  #3

Neither of whom deserve a reprieve Cricket.

24/4/2018 10:13 am  #4

It's also ironical that although we won the league on goal difference last year, we might be relegated on just goal difference this year!

24/4/2018 3:09 pm  #5

It's also annoying that Burgess Hill beat us home and away. If only we could have drawn one of them, if not both. I do remember the home game was a 90th+ minute header from a corner.

24/4/2018 8:36 pm  #6

Let`s face it, even if by some miracle we stay up, would it be to our advantage? personally I think not.
I think dropping down will give another season to our young players, assuming they stay, which will only make them better and who knows we then might be in a better position to challenge for promotion but this time not just say hello and goodbye.

25/4/2018 8:18 am  #7

alanj wrote:

Let`s face it, even if by some miracle we stay up, would it be to our advantage? personally I think not.
I think dropping down will give another season to our young players, assuming they stay, which will only make them better and who knows we then might be in a better position to challenge for promotion but this time not just say hello and goodbye.

Bit of a Catch 22 here. DM-G, Isiah Jones, etc are good enough to stay playing at this level and will snapped up by another team by Monday next week after we go down. Remember one or two are on contracts this season which is the only thing that has kept them this long. IF we were to stay up would they want to stay for another season with a manager who seems clueless?

In my opinion, the only hope of keeping these youngsters is to stay up and get a new manager.

25/4/2018 8:38 am  #8

To go down with Sutton , Dulwich all reaching the play offs and Carshaltons excellent season going down would be awful...

Any floating fans or people looking at going to watch Non League in our area are going to go elsewhere.

I'm honestly worried that relegation back into to what ever the restructure division is could have a huge knock on effect moving on.

This season should have been a kick start to bigger and better things.
Non League football is becoming more and more popular and we are getting left behind by Sutton, Dulwich and possibly Carshalton. Waiting in the wings are Tooting Bec, Worcester Park, Sutton Common Rovers....

25/4/2018 9:01 am  #9

Add Corinthian-Casuals to the list as they might go up via the play-offs.
Worcester Park will need a new ground if they are to move up the leagues so don't think they will be a problem.

25/4/2018 12:03 pm  #10

I dont think Frank would be bold enough to go for it. Omar will be up front on his own again. My preference would be to go either with a 4-2-4 with Omar & Reis & on the flanks go with Danny & Dan or 4-3-3 with Reis, Danny & Dan. 

25/4/2018 12:21 pm  #11

lets get real here if we manage by some miracle to stay up or go down why on earth would you want to carry
on with a manager who it is patently obvious is not up to the job.we may have had a great season in bostik
south,but frank has made a complete balls up of this season whatever the eventual outcome he must surely
go either by resigning when its all over otherwise i can see us playing at home in front of crowds of less than a hundred there is only so much dross people will take.our owner needsto now show what ambition he has
for the club and get in a manager who has some idea.

25/4/2018 5:52 pm  #12

I’m sorry Alan but I disagree with your notion 100%.  How could we be better off going down?

The top 4-6 teams in Bostik South are generally very competitive and it might take us years to get back up.
Meanwhile the bottom half is a very poor standard of footie indeed.

If we have any possibility of staying up this weekend, no matter how slender, I hope we grasp it with both hands.

25/4/2018 8:47 pm  #13

My reasons for my post Bondy is this,
What is the point in staying up just to embarrass ourselves again next season with the distinct possibility of losing even more support.
Supporters, and I mean the non ardent ones,do not wish to keep seeing their team losing week in and week out.
Sometimes you have to take a step backward to move forward.
Even if we did, by some miracle stay up, will the ethos of the club and the chairman change, will they learn from the lessons of this season. No! I very much doubt it.
So my point is this, enough damage has already been done to this clubs reputation, why risk doing further damage, because if nothing changes that is what will happen.

26/4/2018 5:05 am  #14

What does the Chairman want Alan?  What is the plan for the next four or five years?  We never know and that is the problem.  Because at the end of the day a fair percentage of the club's future is reliant on whoever sits at the top of the heap of any club.  I thought that his statement in the Harlow programme was disappointing: offering us little insight into what is to come.

26/4/2018 7:09 am  #15

That is precisely my point Ev. and that is not a criticism of Steve, he, rightly so in my opinion will, not invest more than he seems adequate to maintain the team.
If we cast our minds back to the last time we were in the premier division, we had the best management duo the club has ever had, they could see that without an increase in investment the club could not maintain it`s premiership status, they requested more, it was not forthcoming, so they felt they had no other option but to leave.
We all know what happened then.
This season has seen a repeat so what is the point in staying up, just to get a repeat of this season`s debacle.
Naturally I do not want to go down, like every other supporter you want to see your club progress, but without an increase in the budget, and like I always say, we have to live within our means and not expect others to support our ambitions.
This is why the statement by Hackbridge Harry regarding the supporters getting together to move the club forward, should be a rallying call to us all.
If we want something then get off our backsides and work for it, and not expect others to finance it.

26/4/2018 7:15 am  #16

I agree with you Ev,we should have a plan.Where does he see the club in 5 years let alone next season.Im a half empty guy,so i see only relegation on saturday.Whatever happens you can wave goodbye to a lot of these players.They are either not good enough for this level or they are youngsters looking to play for better teams.As for Frank i have no idea of the thinking of the owner so who knows.I am not sure if i can make it saturday,housefull of kids,but the sad thing is i dont care if i go or not,i think we are down.A very disapointed fan.
Clive

26/4/2018 1:57 pm  #17

alanj wrote:

That is precisely my point Ev. and that is not a criticism of Steve, he, rightly so in my opinion will, not invest more than he seems adequate to maintain the team.
If we cast our minds back to the last time we were in the premier division, we had the best management duo the club has ever had, they could see that without an increase in investment the club could not maintain it`s premiership status, they requested more, it was not forthcoming, so they felt they had no other option but to leave.
We all know what happened then.
This season has seen a repeat so what is the point in staying up, just to get a repeat of this season`s debacle.
Naturally I do not want to go down, like every other supporter you want to see your club progress, but without an increase in the budget, and like I always say, we have to live within our means and not expect others to support our ambitions.
This is why the statement by Hackbridge Harry regarding the supporters getting together to move the club forward, should be a rallying call to us all.
If we want something then get off our backsides and work for it, and not expect others to finance it.

So, what you are saying Alan is: the chairman's ambition for the club is for it to be a middling Division One South club with around 150 aging hardcore supporters in a stadium that is far too big for it, which has one good season every ten years. Sadly that sounds about right to me.

26/4/2018 2:00 pm  #18

casey wrote:

I agree with you Ev,we should have a plan.Where does he see the club in 5 years let alone next season.Im a half empty guy,so i see only relegation on saturday.Whatever happens you can wave goodbye to a lot of these players.They are either not good enough for this level or they are youngsters looking to play for better teams.As for Frank i have no idea of the thinking of the owner so who knows.I am not sure if i can make it saturday,housefull of kids,but the sad thing is i dont care if i go or not,i think we are down.A very disapointed fan.
Clive

A fish rots from the head Clive.  If the head is missing the rest follows.  We need to know that the head is in one piece and what it has got planned.

26/4/2018 2:41 pm  #19

Unfortunately Ev. that is about right, I do not see him throwing more money at it as he probably feels he puts in enough all ready.
Lets face it until we as  supporters raise more to help this is how it will stay.

Last edited by alanj (26/4/2018 2:42 pm)

Board footera