“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/5/2018 3:00 pm  #1

Apalling Ambitions

The lack of ambition for the First Team is absolutely appalling! As I have stated before  " The Team is designed to  fail! I can just imagine the panic stations last year when we were promoted. The word stability has been used, when since 2005 has there been any stability. Every blip of success is "Nipped in the Bud" both on and off the field, with sometime disastrous consequences.  There seems to be a lack of enthusiasm throughout the club, including fans.. Just take a look at Sutton and Dulwich, makes our club look absolutely pathetic, even with the facilities we have.

Here are just some of the quote on this forum over the last week or so, it makes really sad reading.:-

" perhaps also need to consider that had we stayed up, or should we be promoted back up at first attempt, then geographically, there is a good chance we would end up in the step 3 league in which Met Police now find themselves."

"On a practical side, there is less travelling and therefore less coaches and there for less expense for the club, which when you consider we have two fewer home league games, thus less income must be a good thing.".
"Also won't be a great strain on my own finances."

There are many clubs who are far worse position then the Terrors as far as finances and facilities are concerned,  and perform at a much higher level. Looking at some of the postings on this forum some would prefer to  play in the Wimbledon and District League, travel and expenses would not be an issue at all, and you can still use your local pub.  Without a major change in direction and strong leadership and support,  the club will decline even further ( Not much further to go). Some matches last season witnessed less than 100 home supporters at Imperial Fields, and the gate only boosted by the away supporters.

The club's future depends on playing success, which brings more support , and in turn generates more cash. Westfield are in our league next season, do you they think  they are worried about the expense of travelling, and they will naturally increase their crowds. Like many small clubs in a similar situation they will grab with both hands! They are positive with ambitions, I have not seen any of this for a long time with our club, or any appetite to  change this. Look at the enthusiasm the owner of the club welcomed Dulwich to  Imperial Fields, just a fraction of that enthusiasm since 2005  would have turned this club around, Plus it would have been a great advert for "The Hub."  The Football Club has lost many faithful fans and , volunteers over last 12 years. 

As for the new manager, I wish the next poor soul all the luck in the world, and I hope he does not have ambitions to  take the team onwards and upwards :-)

12/5/2018 4:23 pm  #2

Re: Apalling Ambitions

As I have said before Mike: a fish rots from the head.  Until the rot in the head is arrested the club will remain without the ambition to progress totally rudderless.

Board footera