“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/5/2018 3:44 pm  #1

Friendlies

While we are manager-less and time is drifting by and after our 'orrid set of hastily arranged pre-season friendlies last season it's interesting to note that Chipstead are already sorted :--
The following 1st team friendlies have been arranged for Chipstead FC's pre-season:-
Friday 13th July - Atherton Collieries (a) - Manchester trip - Friday night game
Saturday 21st July - Lingfield (a)
Saturday 28th July - AFC Croydon Athletic (a)
Tuesday 31st July - Redhill (a)
Saturday 4th August - Met Police (h)
Tuesday 7th August - Greenwich Borough (h)

Last edited by DeePee (12/5/2018 3:45 pm)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

12/5/2018 10:37 pm  #2

Re: Friendlies

DeePee, Thanks for keeping us all up to  date, more than I know  you get from the club when you are trying to get the programme notes together.

I find it amazing when the Season has only just finished, and the play off positions for all non league clubs have  not been finalised, and we have the Terrors pre-season games already finalised, and the managers resignation only just announced. I know you are only the purveyor of the news but you have to  ask some questions.

1. Who has made the decisions about  these friendly's  so early, there is no one in the club capable of making  these decisions.!

2. Does the incoming manager been made aware.

3.   Or has the recipient of his wonderful opportunity already been appointed ahead of the games.

4. We often look at posting about budget etc, and fans subsidising coach trips for the players on coach journeys,  and we now have a weekend away for a friendly game, which will cost more than any away game next season, and probably for every away game.

5. The whole scenario is a complete joke,  The owner is taking the fans for a bunch of idiots? There is something drastically wrong with the way the club is run.

I love your enthusiasm, and your are a true Terror supporter, and a big thank you for all you do for the club, but this is a complete fiasco.

13/5/2018 10:10 am  #3

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. These are just friendlies, which I have little interest as it's all about getting fitness and trying new ideas out for the upcoming season.
If the senario of a Crystal Palace youth team came up again I would watch that.
How many professional teams now go to far flung places around the world let alone the north of England.

13/5/2018 4:57 pm  #4

Surely one of our friendlies would be against Dulwich 

16/5/2018 6:42 pm  #5

Looks like we've got Whiteleafe

16/5/2018 7:32 pm  #6

Dee Pee just read your forum posting again  about pre-season friendlies.  Apologies for my response did not read your original posting properly.  Perhaps we are waiting for the Dulwits to have their choice of dates? Would love a pre-season friendly at Athertone Colliery, what a great away  trip, beats the inner south M25 completely, and I bet the beer is wonderful as well. Wow I bet you're in for some stick making your posting:-)

Thanks for letter, received safely and appreciated by everyone, and I will reimburse next time I see you.  Perhaps at Atherton to  watch the Chipstead friendly?

Board footera