“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/5/2018 8:29 am  #1

04/5/2018 1:25 pm  #2

Re: Groundshare.....

Were they made through gritted teeth Harry?  

08/5/2018 8:37 am  #3

Its the worst scenario for a ground share - especially if it turns out to be a long term share.  Dulwich will probably be bringing in 10x our attendance next season.  So who would the management bend over backwards to please?  Who would the Shak prefer to be playing?  Which club will sell the most beer?  

Just look at the Kingsmeadow scenario.  For Khosla read Adkins.  I don't think Adkins would have any loyalty to T&M should Dulwich be in a position to buy Imperial Fields.  Then its just a matter of time before  Wimbledon/Kingstonian II plays out.

08/5/2018 10:21 am  #4

I did talk about the AFC Wimbledon - Kingstonian ground issues when interviewed but it was not encluded...

08/5/2018 10:35 am  #5

I admit that I am being a doom monger at the moment - all part of the relegation process I suppose.  But 59er, I think you highlighted more similarities than differences.  I think it was always part of the Wimbledon plan to get back to Merton, just as I'm sure Dulwich would like to get back to Southwark.  But as Wimbledon found, its not that easy, and certainly not a quick process.  If the Dulwich/Meadow situation doesn't get sorted soon, then Dulwich could be with us for a long time.

And regarding Dulwich agreeing that we've helped them big time, I think you'll find that Wimbledon convinced themselves that they were helping Kingstonian by giving them cash and a low pitch rental.  Memories can get very short when someone's self interest is at stake.

As for Steve Adkins future plans - well we simply don't know.  I've seen plans for the expansion of Imperial Fields, but I don't see any such detailed planning for the future of the football club.  If Adkins can continue with the growth of the facilities, why would he be particularly bothered whether the livery was black & white or pink & blue.

09/5/2018 10:28 am  #6

59robbery wrote:

Steve - you might want to discuss this on Tuesday.

I will mention it quickly but in truth I don't want to bog things down by over loading people who turn up with too much stuff....

Cheers.

Steve.

19/5/2018 4:39 pm  #7

On page 40 of the current edition of Private Eye, an article on our squatters reports that Meadow have resubmitted their planning application for Champion Hill with the required 35% of affordable home included this time. Maybe this will break the deadlock but I am not holding my breath.

Board footera