“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/6/2018 9:03 am  #26

Re: New Management Team

I'm guessing we will still have first team trials?well I wish them best of luck.I agree with Steve about that, especially early season we did just give up.Dont hang me for saying this but maybe change of captain might be the way.
Clive

02/6/2018 8:14 pm  #27

Well it's the type of appointment I expected - even so I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't found anyone with Isthmian experience at 1st team level.

At least Ashley has been around the 1st team so hopefully he is aware of the challenges that he will face.

I'm not sure I fully agree with the policy that we will be counting on youth players coming through to feed the first team.

To get promoted you need players who have experience of playing at our level or higher.

I hope that Ashley retains the bulk of the team that got relegated, but he will have to bring in at least 2 top quality players if we really want to challenge for promotion.  I don't think you can rely on youngsters to play a major role in a promotion team.

02/6/2018 8:28 pm  #28

You can not beat experience, as you rightly say Endo!
All I hope is Steve sticks to his promise made the other night if after ten games it is not working out, he will change it.
Unless the option of an experienced man behind Ashley does not materialise, the the whole thing smack`s of being a cheaper option. Again! and look how that ended up.

02/6/2018 9:55 pm  #29

alan even if steve does stick to his promise and changes things if they are not going well were would we find
a experienced manager after a fair bit of the season had already been played.
no this is a cheap option as i have said before.

03/6/2018 6:56 am  #30

Understand your point Danny, but we just have to hope.
On another tack, hope you are now feeling well.

03/6/2018 10:44 am  #31

yes alan and thank you for asking hope you are well see you for a pint or two in a couple of months or so.

03/6/2018 12:00 pm  #32

Seems like a long way away!

03/6/2018 5:37 pm  #33

You get what you see I personally can’t see any change in the near future to what we had we will not get any extra supporters coming we needed a complete new change around Atkins scrapping the barrel again

03/6/2018 5:58 pm  #34

It might be interesting if Jay Lovett gets involved.  Wasn't he an assistant manager in Vietnam or is my memory letting me down again?  Does he still play?

03/6/2018 8:22 pm  #35

No you are right, he has also coached/ played at Met Police, and Lewes. I think he would be a good addition, and having played for us, he knows the set up.
But would he care to be second fiddle as he probably has managerial aspirations of his own.
We can only wait and hope!

03/6/2018 8:35 pm  #36

jay lovett has been appointed as a coach at whitehawk as part of the new management team there,dont know if he would be able to find time for us as well.

03/6/2018 8:58 pm  #37

What a bugger!
So that is that option out of the window.
Wonder if Steve has a plan B ?

04/6/2018 9:48 am  #38

alanj wrote:

What a bugger!
So that is that option out of the window.
Wonder if Steve has a plan B ?

Plan B for what? The club have already announced its Ashley, Cornelius and Jordan... 

04/6/2018 10:18 am  #39

..... for the more experienced backroom advisor !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

04/6/2018 12:56 pm  #40

Thank you Dee-Pee.
I understand he is coaching the under 19`s.

Board footera