“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/6/2018 11:46 am  #1

The new season

Hope your all excited about this season new management team and etc. I know last year wasn’t the best of season for tooting and mitcham standards but over the whole season we wasn’t good enough as a team and at the end of the day stats don’t lie over 46 games but this season is looking very promising and hopefully this season we hope we can bring silverware for the terrors family. If you have any questions about this season feel free to ask me anything and I hope your all enjoying your off season so far.

Last edited by Isaiah J (12/6/2018 12:19 pm)

12/6/2018 1:41 pm  #2

Re: The new season

What THE Isiah J ?

12/6/2018 2:49 pm  #3

Isaiah, thanks for coming on the site. We would like other players putting on postings on here. Isaiah, do you know if any players have been targeted by the new management? 

12/6/2018 3:40 pm  #4

There is nothing wrong with being inquisitive Graham. Dont forget we were told that Mazzone was coming back.

12/6/2018 11:58 pm  #5

59robbery wrote:

Give the man a break 😁 Don't suppose his management team would appreciate any answer giving things away. Isaiah- can you score 30 goals next season please.

I’m a good goal scorer last year was my worse tally for goals in a season but this season I’m going to score a lot and I’ll try get to that 30 goal mark

13/6/2018 12:01 am  #6

geoff g wrote:

Isaiah, thanks for coming on the site. We would like other players putting on postings on here. Isaiah, do you know if any players have been targeted by the new management? 

I’m not sure at the moment I’m not in the country enjoy the off season at the moment then it’s back to the hard work in training

13/6/2018 7:22 am  #7

Welcome Isaiah, first of all let me thank you and the other players, promoted from the under 23`s, for all your combined efforts, it was much appreciated by us supporters believe me.
Unfortunately you were all put into a situation, which was no fault of yours, where the team was let down was,  by the inability  to finish the chances which were created, and for some reason the manager seemed to not wish to change (A) his style of play eg; one up front with a player who was not the most mobile, and (B) his reluctance to find a goalscorer who could finish the chances you guys were creating.
Hopefully this season will not be quite so physical for you, I felt that because of your skill you were dealt with rather harshly by a lot of teams, your legs must have been black and blue.
Credit to you, you carried on playing regardless and I am sure you will have learned a lot which will help in your development as a player.
As we supporters understand from our meeting with Steve, the majority of the players from last season will be re-joining for this, with the addition of one or two more, I am sure you lad`s will give a good account of yourselves, and who knows might even spring a few surprises.
As I said earlier, thank you for all your efforts last season, you guy`s who, to say the least were dropped in at the deep end, were the highlight of what was a disappointing season.
Looking forward to this season, as I always do, with the hope of better times to come.

13/6/2018 9:21 am  #8

Izzy, as Alanj alluded to, you came in for some rough treatment last season, but have you ever been on the wrong end of a worse tackle than the one where you were criminally taken out two footed, waist-high, in front of the main stand ? I can't remember who we were playing but it was the tackle where Sol got sent off for his reaction and it sparked a mass brawl. Shocking ! 

13/6/2018 9:38 am  #9

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Izzy, as Alanj alluded to, you came in for some rough treatment last season, but have you ever been on the wrong end of a worse tackle than the one where you were criminally taken out two footed, waist-high, in front of the main stand ? I can't remember who we were playing but it was the tackle where Sol got sent off for his reaction and it sparked a mass brawl. Shocking ! 

Yh i have  been on a end of a worse challenge than that but they way I see this is that I’m a huge treat who ever I play against because I’m fast, skillful and very flairy so I think because the opposition think I’m the most effective or should I say dangerous that in there team talks or whatever they try target me like don’t give him time on the ball and etc. Also who do you think the most dangerous player in our team was last season?

13/6/2018 9:47 am  #10

I believe that certain innocent was against Tonbridge Angels.

13/6/2018 6:38 pm  #11

Brassneck wrote:

Routemaster wrote:

I believe that certain innocent was against Tonbridge Angels.

Wasn’t it Dorking?

I believe so... But he got kicked around all over the place when we played the dulwich scum... Their keeper Edwards even had to temptation to turn around and say he was diving to The Bog End... I wonder if Edwards mind is ok now

13/6/2018 7:01 pm  #12

I remember that ant when he turned round and said that he was lucky to go of the ground with just abuse in his lug holes

13/6/2018 7:08 pm  #13

Glad to have you on board the Bogend Isiah you was a breath of fresh air with your skill full play as it been said to stop you they had to chop you down hope your messages gets some of the other players to come on here as well

13/6/2018 11:03 pm  #14

Every time you get chopped down, just smile at the opposition player as if to say,"it did not hurt" that will rile him up all the more, but be prepared for more of the same but just learn how to ride them, eventually he will get himself sent off.
Think of it as a compliment to the skill you possess and the threat you provide.

Board footera