“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/8/2018 3:20 pm  #1

Great Expectations

Lets turn the clock back a year, we were all eagerly awaiting the start of the season in the Bostick Premier. Most of us thought a mid table finish would be a great result. After our first game against Brightlingsea we all knew it was going to be a struggle, but not one that meant going back down. But now we know.
Mr Adkins is a business man through and through and I believe that he would rather not have a football team than have one. We had a chance last season to build on our previous years success, improve crowds and start getting a buzz at this football club again. Sadly we are at an all time low now, crowds will be pathetic this season and moral at an all time low. I have supported this club as long as our President, we haven't heard from him on this site lately by the way, and he would tell you there haven't been many high points, but yes there have been some. This is not a friendly club, and I for one, after all these years supporting this club through difficult times, feel that if Mr Adkins did pull out it might do us all a favour and we can start to pursue other activities . There are many clubs out there with ambition, perhaps it's time for me to call it a day at this club, I know that not one single person at T&M will notice I have even gone.
So from steadily increased crowds that would  have continued if we had stayed up, now we will be lucky to get out of double figures.
Look at our forum and compare it to years back, how many posts do we get now, you get the same handful of names time after time. Where for instance is Bondy's words of wisdom? There is a lack of interest of course now but it would have certainly been different had things gone better last season and the excitement would have been there for all to see. 
As I said it is just another business for Mr Adkins and one I don't think he really wants. I am still up for a chat with him or any member if they care not to ignore me.

13/8/2018 5:03 pm  #2

Re: Great Expectations

I know that not one single person at T&M will notice I have even gone.

Ah, I will Greg ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

13/8/2018 5:14 pm  #3

Re: Great Expectations

Thanks, and I will miss seeing you and having a bit of banter and moan!

Board footera