“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/10/2018 6:32 pm  #1

Not making the most of our squad.

I arrived at Aveley on Saturday and knew as soon as I saw the line up thae would be fighting a losing battle.The signing of a new midfield player (who looked adequate) does not mean that you can leave your best midfield player sitting (not for the first time) on the bench.Dominic is a very skilful,powerful,non-stop player who instils impetus into the team.In addition you do not move Tope (who is developing into a good quick defender who passes the ball accurately out from the back) aside to make way for Sol P.Bonner.Up until the last couple of games Kadeem has been playing in almost every game but in my opinion,although skilful,he is not strong enough & too easily &off the ball whereas I thing that Odoh is a very useful player and although on the petite size is forceful,aggressive & can change the pattern of play in a game.As a final point I was disappointed that Razzaq & Elijah Simpson were not given enough games together up front as I thought they were starting to look powerful & quick along side each other.
I noticed that Ashley seemed to look quite satisfied with the way things were going towards the end & then the master stroke of bringing on Billy Dunn.We have enough strength within this squad to compete & beat the vast majority of ordinary teams within this league but we must eliminate being caught out at the back but the simple long ball from the back over our defence.

Board footera