“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/10/2018 11:15 pm  #1

CHEATED!

Had I known before leaving home this evening the team I was going to watch, I would not have bothered, this in no way is a reflection upon the players, who tried their hardest but were unable to get the required result. What did the club expect! we had a team of individuals, some of whom probably had never seen, least of all met, the other members. Needless to say the quality left a lot to be desired. If the club have no intention of trying to win, why the hell bother!
The preceding views are not only mine but were echoed by quite a few of the fellow supporters who had taken the time and trouble to support their team.
I left the ground this evening feeling decidedly cheated and if this is what cup games means to the club, then I for one will think again before investing my time in supporting them.

10/10/2018 12:46 am  #2

Re: CHEATED!

Agree pretty much with everything you have said, there, Alan. Initially I wasn’t going to go to the game as I had other plans. But I decided that because haven’t had much opportunity to attend games this season, I thought I’d make the effort. Wish I’d stuck to my original plans now.

This was an ideal opportunity to build on the good work from Saturdays win. A wasted journey for me really.

Last edited by Fretters the Second (10/10/2018 12:47 am)

10/10/2018 4:40 am  #3

Alan, I agree with you.

Tim pointed out that our centre midfield pairing from Saturday, Daryl and Saidou were cup tied.

Perhaps that was the same for our new keeper.

But where were DMG, Sol, Dan, Peter, Isaiah, Dan?

Fair enough, if the decision is to rest first team players then at least have the decency to communicate that. We can then make an informed choice on whether we attend or not.

Again, the lack of communication lets this club down.

Yes, I feel cheated as well.

Last edited by DarrenP (10/10/2018 5:15 am)

10/10/2018 8:14 am  #4

Its a joke.  Don't the management want to win games?  What is the point of a football club if you aren't going to try to win trophies?

10/10/2018 8:51 am  #5

Same old story it’s happened in past seasons don’t give a Rubbish about fans having to spend hard earned money to watch games for gawd sake make it a bit entertaining have a few experience players of the team they took I believe there was two I knew that was going to happen that’s why I didn’t go feel sorry for the fans that went

10/10/2018 9:05 am  #6

It does happen a lot.  But I still don't agree with playing second string teams as a matter of course.  Its like the management don't care about winning trophies.

10/10/2018 12:33 pm  #7

There is no point in winning any competition you enter if the other competitors are not trying to win, no matter what sport it is.
Its been this way in football for years,at most levels of the game, with the league taking precedent over all else.
I would say now, that the only things worth winning/doing well in, are the league you are playing in, or the Champions League.

10/10/2018 2:41 pm  #8

I agree that many teams aren't too disappointed to be out of these cups.  But I don't care what they do.  I want to win them.

When we were picking up the London Senior Cup against Hendon the other year, there were a lot of ecstatic supporters.   I don't think there were many people around the ground bemoaning the fact that the likes of Welling or Wingate put out a few youngsters in the 1st qualifying round.

10/10/2018 8:32 pm  #9

I feel that clubs who have no intention of winning a particular cup game should inform the supporters accordingly, or otherwise do not enter, if the league allows it.
Had i wanted to see the under 23`s in action then i could have turned up at Imperial Fields the next time they are at home and seen the game at no cost to myself.
But obviously the clubs do not mind cheating the loyal supporters, after all we are there to be used and abused are we not?
I should imagine that most of the fans at Tuesdays game would not have turned up had they known.
Personally, as Endo said, the other year at the Met police`s ground was a highlight after having suffered several years of indifferent results.
So I could not care if other teams are not interested in any of the cup competitions. personally I think there is nothing like a cup run, and should the team prove fortunate to win it, then all the miserable matches disappear into the ether.

Last edited by alanj (10/10/2018 8:44 pm)

11/10/2018 5:32 am  #10

Winning the London cup was a good night out but thats all. League success defines your status in the league pyramid. I'd swap a good league campaign for any micky mouse cup we might happen to get to the final in.

11/10/2018 8:10 am  #11

I want it all Andy, anything we enter, but I do feel that a cup run provides an extra spice to a season.

11/10/2018 12:20 pm  #12

I suppose you can say that winning things brings squads together and breeds a winning mentality, we did get promotion with many of the players that won the London Cup, after all. But these days squads don,t stay together and players move on quickly, it hasn,t done us any good as now we find ourselves in a worse position than before we got promotion.

11/10/2018 1:08 pm  #13

Can not disagree with you their Andy.
But hopefully the good times will return.
Someday!

Board footera