“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2018 11:23 am  #1

ware town

only the second game i have seen due to personel circumstances,but certainly a lot more lively than the other one i saw namely marlow.
first half went behind very quickly(inside one minute i think) rest of the half struggled somewhat to stamp any authority on the game.second half i thought was entirely differant took the game to them and put them under real pressure which resulted in them commiting more and more fouls culminating in poor izzy jones being chopped down every time he got the ball(how is he after the last tackle which resulted in being stretchered off).the constant fouling was not helped by another completely incompetant ref who almost completely lost control.
good save from the ware keeper from the penalty,in fact i thought he had a very good game for them,but he could do nothing about the great free kick from wedgie right on time,we deserve something from this game.
one thing i must say is i saw a lot of spirit in this team in the way they stuck at it .
one other thing i must mention is why  does spb keep doing the stupid things he does,totally uneccessary sending off which of course made things so much harder for the rest of the team.(sort him out management).

11/11/2018 12:50 pm  #2

Re: ware town

Could not agree more Daniel. Second half display I thought was going to win us the game, but sadly it was not to be.
Like yourself I was  concerned as to the extent of Izzie`s injury, hopefully the club will let us know.

11/11/2018 1:53 pm  #3

Stud marks and bad bruising. Limped out of the bar to go home after the match but said he felt ok though.
Saidou went to hospital at half time also after being crocked by that bunch of animals that purported to be a "football2 team !"   Grrrrrrrrrrr ! 
Apparently their players were boasting they had a game plan to play dirty and do a "smash n grab" - well the basturds did that all right.
Apologies, I'm a Director and should be setting an example but that bunch of louts really pi$$ed me off - BIG TIME !! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

11/11/2018 2:45 pm  #4

It was a strange game. Tooting & Mitcham United were "Asleep At The Back" in the first minute and then SPB getting himself sent off after 15 minutes.
Ware in my opinion were the wrong side of robost with many of their "tackles" especially on Isaiah Jones.
Their number 5, Louis Rose was taken off at half before he had the chance of being sent off after another reckless challenge on Isaiah when he was through on goal.
Credit to the whole team who never hid and battled to final whistle and got the minimum we deserved.
If the Ware goalkeeper Anthony Page, who played well hadn't pulled off an oustanding save from an Isaiah curling shot heading for the top corner earlier in the second half things may have been much different.
It was good to see many new faces at the ground who added to the atmosphere especially in the second half. Possibly a Campus Society social media promotion? 

11/11/2018 9:34 pm  #5

When wlll Ashley & Cornelius begin to realise that Sol is not a suitable captain-yesterday he almost certainly cost the team two points.This is not a one off example where his indiscipline is counter productive-he is constantly arguing with the officials and this certainly has an adverse effect regarding their attitude towards us.Moving on to the game yesterday,I   Ware were an absolute disgrace- they took it in turns to scythe Isiah down-presumably to avoid any one player receiving a red-they were satisfied with yellow.I hope Isiah recovers quickly-it was fortunate that his injury was not more serious.The Ware bench seemed to find it all quite amusing,but they will get there comeuppance-what goes around comes around.
One final point,I was glad to see Razzaq has not left the club.
PS.Playing Elijah Simpson out wide is not suited to him in my opinion as we need more mobility & pace in that position and that is  not a criticism of Elijah.

12/11/2018 11:45 am  #6

Ware were a very poor side. I've been watching football for 31yrs and that was one of the most disgusting displays i've seen (& i went to Plough lane a fair few times in the 80s). I've rarely seen a referee exert such little control either. He lost the game fairly early on and never got it back. Perhaps if he had, he could have clamped down on the antics that eventually saw poor Isaiah poleaxed for the umpteenth time & stretchered off. Looked bad at the time, thankfully reading above it doesn't sound too serious.

The late equaliser was the least we deserved. Fair play to the lads for keeping at it right to the last. 

12/11/2018 5:47 pm  #7

Also the ref simply didn’t have a clue with the fouling and when we had a free kick had no idea how to do ten yards and with the one that led to the goal he never even bothered to pace it out where do they get them from

13/11/2018 8:33 am  #8

Couldn't agree more Don, what a clueless pillock he was. Apparently there was a referee's assessor in the stand so that should be the last anyone outside of Hackney Marshes sees of the knob. My blood was boiling when I left the ground on Saturday. Great entertainment though.

13/11/2018 8:58 am  #9

Absolutely right Chris tooting was brilliant in face of the early goal which was suspect and the sending off of sol we kept our heads could have boiled over with their constant fouls should have won it if it wasn’t for the goalkeeper

25/2/2019 1:10 pm  #10

So...we resume hostilities with this bunch of cloggers at the weekend, let's hope we get a strong ref. or we could be losing key players for the vital run-in...

Board footera