“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/3/2019 9:13 am  #1

Meet the manager

It looks like Ashley will be at the Ramble Inn in Tooting tonight.  He will be answering questions from supporters.

27/3/2019 9:39 am  #2

Re: Meet the manager

I think as many as are able should get down to this, for a number of reasons. Firstly, to make it worth AB's time. Secondly, to recognise the efforts some have gone to to make this happen, from within the club and the fanbase. Lastly, it'd be great to show fan's gratitude to one of the club's principal sponsors, who has advertising up around the ground, sponsors the MOTM award, has the club's fixtures up in the bar, and also is very active on social media with club news. I'll be down for a pint.

28/3/2019 10:11 am  #3

Anything interesting to report?

28/3/2019 10:35 am  #4

Was absolutely brilliant to sit with a couple of people I've not had a beer with before and chew the fat about the club. The whole vibe was really positive, Ashley mentioned that he has noticed new faces in the crowd, and the consensus among the fans was that we were all excited about how the team is playing. AB was saying that the lads took the Cheshunt result pretty hard, as they felt they could have taken a win out of the game. The landlord at the Ramble, Jimmy, was really enthusiastic about the evening, introducing every regular in the bar to Ashley and even trying to get a bit of sponsorship from a local business! There were a good few photographs taken, I'm sure they'll circulate in the usual channels. Also, Nick updated us on ticket sales etc for the Race Night- sounds like it should be a busy night. Really looking forward to it.

28/3/2019 5:01 pm  #5

This is great to read besty. 

I  must admit that i've noticed and felt that the mood around the club on match days is pretty good all things considered. I've noticed some new faces, the crowds seem to be fairly steady for our home games (which has to be seen as a positive given we've dropped down to poorer league) and the football on the pitch at times is very watchable, with some great youngsters, and a squad who in my opinion, really do care about playing for the terrors. 

All the above is great given the fact that if you look at things objectively, we are probably not where we should have been (my opinion: play offs minimum). 

But given the past bitterness and vitriol that has been witnessed in and around the club in recent seasons, things seem to be fairly calm and stable at the moment.

It's just my opinion, but it's good to see. 

Last edited by dac123 (28/3/2019 5:02 pm)

02/4/2019 7:12 am  #6

I have seen that there will be another chance to meet the Managers and also ask questions to the members club, as a Fans Forum will be held on Wednesday 10th April 2019 7:00pm (7:30pm start)  in the Function room at the Campus Society Stadium.

Board footera