“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/6/2013 8:52 am  #1

More news from the rumour mill

In an earlier post Gary Walker said he'd been speaking to Craig Tanner about the signing of players for the upcoming season but didn't want to reveal their identities in order not to embarrass them, Craig or the club. Some of the players we already know and love apparently.
I was speaking with a source from the club yesterday who informed me that Craig had invited at least four of last seasons squad back for this season. In order to protect their identities I'm going to go all Joe Kinnear on you and deliberately mispronounce ( or in my case, mis-spell ) their names. Firstly though, does Joe do it deliberately because he is a master wind-up merchant or is he a senile old git ? I mean.... Charlie Insomnia instead of Charles Nzogbia, Kebab instead of Cabaye, Lambayze instead of Llambias !!!!

Mr Kinnear ( or Fuc Kinnearly as he refers to himself ) would probably call the four something like..........
Leo Ball, Carlo Wimbledon-Tennis, Bryan Adams ( not the Canadian rock guitarist ) and Solomon Pillock.

No mention of either goalie Thomas A. Bechet or Tic Naylor so Hackbridge Harry's young'un could be between the sticks for the first couple of pre-season friendlies. Altogether now....
'' TOOTING'S TOOTING'S NUMBER ONE, TOOTING'S NUMBER ONE.' A new comicstrip hero could be born,
who remembers ' Billy's Boots' ? was it from Scorcher & Score ?? Anthony could be the star of ' Darren's Gloves'.

25/6/2013 3:58 pm  #2

Re: More news from the rumour mill

He'd play for free....

He wears the gloves when he plays football, which does make him look like a Kenny Everit character....

Now waiting for that phone call mate......

26/6/2013 10:29 am  #3

That's a real bummer Gary. I was hoping from hope ! 

Ah well, moving on then ....................

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

26/6/2013 11:45 am  #4

That is a pisser, super Jamie Buyout as Mr.Kinnearly would call him is precisely the type of player that Craig should be trying to recruit. It's probably all my fault we didn't get him because I commited the cardinal sin for any footie fan and allowed myself to get my hopes up.

26/6/2013 11:58 am  #5

There was a rumour going around that Paul Vines was returning.  The only problem was that I started the rumour.

26/6/2013 12:29 pm  #6

Who is his assistant?

26/6/2013 7:52 pm  #7

endofthelane wrote:

There was a rumour going around that Paul Vines was returning.  The only problem was that I started the rumour.

Newly promoted Dulwich are after him (and Karl Beckford)

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/rose-makes-first-moves-of-summer-14886/

Board footera