“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/7/2013 12:41 pm  #1

Thurrock and Carshalton

Published 9th July 2013 - source Sutton Gurdian

Robins Back as Thurrock Lose Appeal

Carshalton Athletic boss Tommy Williams said "rules are rules" after rivals Thurrock lost an appeal against a points deduction and were relegated from the Ryman League Premier Division, with the Robins were reinstated.

The Essex side were found guilty of fielding Joel Barnett in August while he was on a West Ryding FA sine-die list.

Barnett played four times for Thurrock helping them to three points - these are the points being deducted.

Having only survived in the Ryman Premier last season by one point, the deduction sees Thurrock relegated, and the Robins reinstated. Williams said: "I have been sitting by the phone waiting for the call.

"It is great news for us, because we want to be playing at the highest level possible.

"I am really pleased that all the hard work we put in last season, especially in the run-in, has paid off.

"It also means we can get going with our preparation for the new season and I can speak to players knowing where I am with things."

Thurrock appealed the original decision in May, and it was only today that the FA disciplinary panel upheld the guilty verdict after a hearing that lasted three hours.

Williams said: "I know Thurrock will be disappointed, but if the FA have seen that rules have been broken they have to act. Rules are rules."

Thurrock have said they are likely to take the case to the court of arbitration, but a decision will not be made until later this week. [Source: Sutton Guardian]

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

15/7/2013 2:00 pm  #2

Re: Thurrock and Carshalton

=14px...................and there's more :----

League statement - Thurrock

The Ryman League wish to put the record straight in relation to the matter in issue with Thurrock FC.

On 11 July Thurrock FC served the Ryman League and The FA with a Notice of Arbitration pursuant to FA Rule K in relation to the decision of the League to deduct three points from the club’s points total for the 2012-2013 season.

Thurrock FC has made an interim application for the decision to be set aside while the process is followed. The Ryman League does not agree to this proposal and will oppose the interim application.

Contrary to media reports, the Ryman League has not received any notification of Thurrock FC applying for an injunction and have had it confirmed by club representatives that no such injunction has been issued or applied for.

To clarify, the Arbitration process under FA Rule K is final and binding on all parties with no recourse to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne.

No further comment will be made until the outcome of the arbitration proceedings is known.

Alan Turvey
Chairman, for the League

17/7/2013 12:15 pm  #3

Re: Thurrock and Carshalton

=14pxand more .........................

As a result of an on-going appeal by Thurrock to the Football Association the fixtures may be amended. As a result, the Ryman League issued the following statement to accompany their eagerly awaited release.

'Please note that the fixtures for season 2013-2014 for The Isthmian Football League Limited are hereby published subject to a Notice of Arbitration served by Thurrock FC on the League and The FA.

If, as a result of the arbitration, it is decided that Thurrock FC will compete in the Premier Division of the League in season 2013-2014 then the following will be effected:

Thurrock FC will take over the fixtures published for Carshalton Athletic FC; Carshalton Athletic FC will in turn take over the fixtures published for Sittingbourne FC in Division One South; Sittingbourne FC will take over the fixtures published for Thurrock FC in Division One North.'

Board footera