“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/7/2013 10:39 am  #1

What a State

The club is still in a mess, fans arguing amongst fans on the forum (Including me), a new club started because of the horrendous episodes year after year since the club went into new ownership. The members club survive, and are under the illusion they operate the Football club.

The Football club is not all about the team that takes to the pitch! It’s about the morals, ethics, standards, community spirit and goodwill of everyone who makes a club tick over.  The club has sadly been lacking this since 2005 and maybe beyond. Even if everyone had pulled together they would still not have control of their destiny, as this could be destroyed overnight, which has happened on many occasions. Unfortunately a majority of fans have buried their head to the realities of life, and want to remain oblivious to the facts which they confront year on year.

A posting on the previous forum by Gary Hutton made a mockery of the fact that rumours about starting another football club, and went on to describe a huge list of negatives why this could not be achieved even at Sunday Football level. Well it’s happened, and as stated before, a group of people all true Terror fans and have made unbelievable strides.

The sad fact is, all this energy and resources over the years has been wasted, and put TMUFC to  shame and embarrasment. However, I will add this is not fault of the Football Club (It’s only a name now) but the way it operates. Those who involved with giving everything away should hang their heads in shame.

Like a robot short of a memory bank, I will still support the team I have followed all my life, how did it all come to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

02/8/2013 7:01 am  #2

Re: What a State

I also, Milkem, like the idiot I am will continue to support this team, although that's not what the club wants. It has managed to allianate nearly everyone, just 37 have signed up to this forum. How pathetic. So 37 of us for the club to get rid of. Look back just a few years ago and how many postings and how many were signed up. It is so sad. No one since 30th July has left a posting the interest has all but gone. It is always good to read the 'Members Page' always full of useful info and always so up to date. Now I must put in my diary the egm date and the meet the manager date. I must go and do it now.
Oh I am looking forward to the new season, pity another 2 to 300 other supporters are. It is not the friendly club that I have known over a long period of time.

02/8/2013 12:00 pm  #3

abovethe bench, have you stopped to think that the reason for people not signing up is because it is not our forum, but has been hijacked by others. Until we have a truly "Tooting & Mitcham United" forum I fear that the current disinterest will prevail.

02/8/2013 1:36 pm  #4

Whatever forum exists will not answer the real issues which Abovethebench eludes to.
Apart from the Deepee  censorship I find this a well run forum, but would prefer a truly independent
person to run it.  I repeat we do not want yet another forum.

The numbers on the forum, reflect what's happened to  the club over the last few years, and the loss of
many loyal fans who never return.

As abovethebench says only another 37 fans to  get rid of, and all goals will have been achieved.

This forum served a great service at a critical time for the club, although only 37 members, the amount of guest viewing
this site including owners and members is a fair reflection on the valuable contribution it has made.

Only a few days HH posted a message concerning the Supporters Club.

02/8/2013 3:06 pm  #5

I have also been the subject of censorship, and no reason given, when requested, I have also had post`s removed, again no reason given, that is just two people who we know of, and we can hardly be described as "radicals", once again I reiterate my previous comment, I fear the current disinterest will prevail and I for one look forward to the day when we do, once again have our own forum.

02/8/2013 7:51 pm  #6

Firstly, like Mikem eluded to a well run forum is one that is left to evolve. It has been left.

DEEPEE's comment had words in it that mayhave made him libel. The software automatically changed the word to prevent trouble. The software has now been switched off other than most profanities.

As this set a precedence, the libelous words have now been lifted and now there is no protection whatsoever for its members thanks to DEEPEE and ALANJ.

Also, ALANJ you have never had a post removed or edited, so stop talking bish bosh. Stop acting a victim and contribute properly like eveyone else on the forum.

02/8/2013 9:24 pm  #7

You know that is not correct "Bolty" and so do I.

03/8/2013 4:43 pm  #8

""DEEPEE's comment had words in it that mayhave made him libel. The software automatically changed the word to prevent trouble"" 

O.K. - I said I was off but I can't let that one go un-answered !

Since when has it been libelous to use the word "Adkins" ??? I hope that in my previous postings I was always fairly polite, and indeed in the censored posting I mentioned Mr Adkins' name as just that "Mr Adkins" or "Steve Adkins" - at NO TIME did I use any expletives to describe him, unlike this forum that immediately changed his proper given name to "Mr Wilf" or something like that !!

I don't see any censorship of your own whinging posting above Bolty, where you use plenty of expletives and improper names to slag other "posters" off and describe people and their (alledged) actions.

Push off up the road to the Wanderers in your school playing field and leave the rest of us to follow, support and indeed re-build T & M UNITED F.C. for the future.

Once again, I'm off !!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !  

See you in the bar Alan !

Last edited by DeePee (03/8/2013 4:44 pm)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

03/8/2013 6:40 pm  #9

Mines a pint "Dee Pee".It must be terrible to be so jealous of our club. I find it strange how a posting such as yours Bolty does not get censored and yet others do?

04/8/2013 11:25 am  #10

Bolty's posting alone is enough to put you off supporting the Wanderers. We have issues with our club that goes without saying, but there are ways to express yourself and that ain't one of them. We all may want to see Mr Adkins out but he is the one with the money and he is the one calling the shots. We could shout and scream all we want but it won't make one iota of difference. In fact the more we do the more he will probable enjoy it.

04/8/2013 4:52 pm  #11

If Anyone wants to know why people don't register on here and post...

This thread which is yet another full of personal attacks have a lot to do with it.

I know loads of people you come on here, but have not bothered to join... Why come on here and get slagged off.... Why come on here and have your views censored and hidden. Why come on here and have your friends attacked on posts.

Some of the posts and attacks on here are childish and pathetic.

04/8/2013 8:07 pm  #12

You are not wrong Harry, until we have a truly "Tooting & Mitcham United" forum this one will gradually die, and regarding the personal attacks and innuendos, it is always the same people, I wonder why?
It wouldn`t be anything to do with personal grievances, would it!

04/8/2013 9:53 pm  #13

you called bolty out and he destroyed you. he is right and you are wrong. face it.

04/8/2013 9:55 pm  #14

we are fighting someone elses battles here and that is steve adkins. you are doing his dirty work. paying his bills and probably doing elsework. you are pathetic. this is football. bolty and danny lee are what football is about. you are jealous of what these men can produce.

05/8/2013 10:31 am  #15

Alan J, here is your chance set up  a fully independent forum!!!!

05/8/2013 12:07 pm  #16

Good....he has a grievence we have a grievence but there are ways to post and he has gone way beyond the boundaries.

He has succeeded in not wanting anything to do with the 'W' and I was thinking of perhaps seeing a game of theirs.

05/8/2013 12:22 pm  #17

dont think it bothers him one iota. he doesnt hold back. maybe that is the problem with us all.sticking our heads in the sand and hoping it all buggers off.he tells it exactly as it is. any way he seems to be channelling his energies in to wanderers and it seems to be paying off. his anger towards the club looks like a frustration. i seem to rmember one of his posts saying 'sayers and do-ers' he is definatley a 'do-er'

05/8/2013 12:23 pm  #18

im gonna be watching their game on the 14th at raynes park vale 645pm ko

05/8/2013 12:44 pm  #19

Mikem, Dont you think I would if "A"  I knew how, but more importantly "B" I have a full time job which more than takes up most of my time

Bog end rebel, if Danny and Bolty are "what football is all about" it does not say much about, "the beautifull game"! believe me I am not by any stretch of the imagination, "jealous" but none the less I wish them well in their project and if their arises a chance for me to see a game then I certainly would.

05/8/2013 12:58 pm  #20

I repeat my original message, "What a State".

Everyone at loggerheads, This is why  the Football club has silently passed away from the fans, and the original concept it wa founded..

Board footera