“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/5/2015 12:05 pm  #1

New 2nd kit next season.

Will be all Purple

16/5/2015 12:22 pm  #2

Re: New 2nd kit next season.

That`done it, we will now be known as "THE UNDERTAKER`s"
I know of a second hand hearse we could use as a team coach.

16/5/2015 3:22 pm  #3

Decent choice. A bit different and not much chance of a double kit clash.

COME ON YOU MAUVES!

16/5/2015 3:48 pm  #4

Yep. That's why we chose it Endo. It will look nice.

16/5/2015 3:57 pm  #5

I seem to remember purple being all the rave in the 70's. Will the players be required to grow sideburns and turn up for matches in black and white striped tank-tops Andy ?

16/5/2015 8:50 pm  #6

Andy I take it you are joking!
Surely there has to be a better option other than, purple?
My personal choice would have been all white with black trim, and that would have saved us all a fortune in a new scarfe.

16/5/2015 8:54 pm  #7

No joke Andy - it's Purple. Nice, I like it.
Better than bl**dy Blue or gawd forbid Red !! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

16/5/2015 11:18 pm  #8

White might save a fortune in scarves but it would cost the club a fortune in washing powder!

17/5/2015 8:43 am  #9

nice

17/5/2015 9:12 am  #10

Or better still 59`er how about a row of coffins in the away dressing room, to forwarn them, this may be the last walk you will be taking, think of the fear it could put into them before they have even touched a ball
" COME ON THE UNDERTAKERS"

17/5/2015 9:34 am  #11

We could change our nickname to the  Grim Reapers too Alan

17/5/2015 11:12 am  #12

With any luck we may get a bit of sponsorship as well out of this, especially as the team will be wearing their colours,
come on Drewetts or Trueloves, how about it, and we could even throw in a bit of free advertising by allowing a hearse to be parked in the car park, not only that with the current average age if our supporters, we might even throw a bit or work their way.
Like the grim reaper idea 59`er,just think , we could wqin the league by default as no team would wish to play us at home, that`s 69 points before we even play a game, surely we must win it now?

17/5/2015 3:23 pm  #13

Dont forget that we already have Co-Op Funeral Care on board as a programme advertiser so perhaps more sponsorship from them could be forthcoming ?
Mind you, its a dying trade so the cash might not last long ? 

17/5/2015 8:37 pm  #14

The more I think about our new colours, the more I am warming to them.
I never gave the possible benefits a thought until now,
Just think,
Special rates for members club card holders,
A black and white shroud,
Pall bearers dressed in the club colours,
The option list is endless.
So congratulations to whoever thought of the new colours, you obviously gave it a lot of consideration, regarding benefits to both club and it`s members,
cheers

17/5/2015 9:48 pm  #15

Just to give you a bit of background as to how this decision was made - and 59 er was not too far off the mark.

We decided to go for a different change strip this year because of the amount of whinging from a number of people about the blue shirts, despite the fact that these were the colours of one of our two constituent clubs, Mitcham Wanderers. A brief discussion was had about kit at the Members Club AGM and one of a number of suggestions made was all lavender/purple as this would retain "the Mitcham connection" if we were to dispense with the blue. Given that these colours are unlikely to clash with any other side's home strip (in the event that our stripes do) I put this suggestion forward to Steve Adkins on behalf of the Members Club and he confirmed his agreement last week.

The exact design of strip is still to be sorted with our suppliers however it will be based around an all purple/lavender design.

18/5/2015 8:54 am  #16

In which case we should probably refer to the kit as Lavender from now on, which might make a few people understand the Mitcham connection

18/5/2015 9:26 am  #17

endofthelane wrote:

In which case we should probably refer to the kit as Lavender from now on, which might make a few people understand the Mitcham connection

Good shout Endo, the sort of sensible suggestion you'd expect 59er to come up with.

" COME ON YOU LAVENDERS "

On the subject of Mitcham connections (f*ck all to do with football) but does anyone remember 'Mitcham Mints' ? they were little round peppermint flavour sweets that came in small lavender and green cartons. I think I last ate some around 1970.

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (18/5/2015 9:29 am)

18/5/2015 9:57 am  #18

I weren't born until 1980

18/5/2015 10:24 am  #19

First time I watched T&M they played in white shirts. If history was playing a part perhaps white would be an option!

18/5/2015 1:59 pm  #20

Tim Marcus wrote:

We decided to go for a different change strip this year because of the amount of whinging from a number of people about the blue shirts

' A number '? One more like ! "Whinge, whinge, whine, whine, moan, complain, sulk." Happy now ?

The voice of reason.....that's your job Pea, don't let Endo steal your thunder.

18/5/2015 5:35 pm  #21

A number? Well to be more specific all the bog end regulars who have a strong dislike of Chelsea (and I do realise that that most definitely does NOT include you Ultra). But whinges they most defintely were - the voice of reason never got a look in!

And Doug, I agree with you whole heartedly. TMUFC played in plain white shirts from 1932 up until they joined the Isthmian League in the late 50s. It was  only then that they adopted the stripes of Tooting Town - which is why we thought we would even things up a bit by introducing the royal blue of Mitcham Wanderers a couple of seasons ago

And yes Endo, Lavender would indeed be the correct colour however you don't see many sportswear catalogues quoting lavender (or heather for that matter) as an available colour so I think a light shade of purple is probably the closest we will get

18/5/2015 5:50 pm  #22

Oh f*ck me Tim, the penny has just dropped....a strong dislike of Chelsea, I thought they were all being anti-Everton !!

18/5/2015 8:04 pm  #23

Hibs had a lovely lilac/heather/thistle away top a few seasons back...
http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/hibernian-puma-third-shirt-201112_13588

19/5/2015 12:22 pm  #24

Could be these ?? (The Purple/White version)   
http://prokituk.com/p/49249/macron-viking-shirt-senior

19/5/2015 1:49 pm  #25

I do hope not.
As it is going to be purple / lavender I feel all ther same colour to be the lesser of two evils

Board footera