“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/6/2015 3:31 pm  #1

Appropriate Sponsorship in non league

I noticed whilst trawling through the Internet (and forgive me lost the link) that a team up north are being sponsored by a local brewery.

My question is I fault certain companies ie alcohol product were not allowed to sponsor a football team or is that only for professional teams?

I was lost but now im found

29/6/2015 8:48 pm  #2

Re: Appropriate Sponsorship in non league

Andy, how about having a word with "Hogs Head" brewery, as we are all quite happy to drink the stuff,
especially in this weather, lovely!

30/6/2015 12:34 pm  #3

Might be better to try Sambrooks or By The Horns which are breweries which are located nearer to T&M

30/6/2015 4:10 pm  #4

I'm sure Andy will correct me if I'm wrong but....................the club's bar has a deal with........err..........forgotten............err............Greene King, so the beer we get has to come from one of thier sources.
Now, IF we were to run a Beer Festival - "Terror Fest" say for example, then  I guess we could have whatever we liked ! 
Let's do it eh ??  Maybe even couple it with a Programme/Collectors Fair ??  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

30/6/2015 4:50 pm  #5

Apparently we can source our own real ale. Just getting someone to organise it is the stepping stone that could be overcome

30/6/2015 5:01 pm  #6

Good idea Dee Pee, remember the last one by Bill, tremendous choice of ales, and a good time was had by all, especially Bill if i remember correctly.

02/7/2015 11:37 am  #7

It's not by any means easy organising a beer festival. I must say I certainly don't rememeber the last one. There are certainly a lot of local beers that could be on offer. Hogs Back I think you mean Alanj, we used to have in the bar until some falling out. Sambrooks come from Wandsworth would be appropriate and now there are many from Surrey, Tillingbourne being particularly good as is Surrey Hills.
The bar is certainly tied to GK but to their credit they have managed to get some different GK beers to keep our interest.
It should go well but as I say it is not easy but if it does go ahead I can certainly help out. 

02/7/2015 11:57 am  #8

I stand corrected Greg.
I looked at what was on offer from the two suggested by Doug25 the other day, neither company had much of a selection of real ales, but that may go for all smaller breweries.
Having spoken about this the other night in the bar, I don`t think it raises any problems.

02/7/2015 4:06 pm  #9

Yes you are right smaller breweries don't have the scope of the larger ones (GK and Fullers etc). But what they lack in choice they certaintly make up for it in flavour and quality. Most small breweries have at least 2 beers on offer at any one time and I would expect Hogs Back to have 3. If it was organised it would be a big success I'm sure.

02/7/2015 5:29 pm  #10

It's incredibly hard work arranging a beer fest but Abbi, our bar manager, is working on it.
I know Greene King is not everyone's cup of tea, but they do a fairly good range, however, we are looking at other suppliers for this season.

02/7/2015 6:10 pm  #11

Andy Harrup wrote:

It's incredibly hard work arranging a beer fest but Abbi, our bar manager, is working on it.
I know Greene King is not everyone's cup of tea, but they do a fairly good range

Interesting analogy Andy....
I'd rather have a cup of tea than a Greene King.

I hope Abbi's going to organise a selection of fizzy lagers at our festival. I particularly like Carling out of a can.

02/7/2015 8:03 pm  #12

I remember the remarks around the "Old Codgers table" regarding the last time were very positive, not one negative, I believe they were "Hogs Back", but certainly Bill will remember, or not!

Board footera