“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/8/2015 8:39 am  #1

Frankie Sawyer

I see that Frankie Sawyer turned out for Walton Casuals last night.  Is that his 4th club this year as he deperately looks for a shoulder to play off.  He was subbed after 59 minutes.

26/8/2015 10:04 am  #2

Re: Frankie Sawyer

He is a good player, and for some reason, his departure to Redhill still irks me.  First his claim that a move to a relegation threatened club for "footballing reasons" were laughable.  And his grizzle that the whole team wasn't set up to allow him to play in his favourite role "on the shoulder" showed a lack of respect for his team mates and the management.  Football is a team game, and quite often players will be asked to play in a position or in a role that might not be ideal for them, but may well benefit the team as a whole. Accept that and he might find that he enjoys the team environment and will probably enjoy his football more, wherever he plays.

26/8/2015 11:17 am  #3

Frankie who ??  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

26/8/2015 1:06 pm  #4

Quite happy with the forwards, who finished, last night, keep it as it is and it surely must improve even more.

27/8/2015 1:40 pm  #5

But how many more combinations do we need to try, no, I would stick with what we now have up front and see how it pans out, lets face it Tuesday night was a definite improvement than what had gone before.

28/8/2015 6:45 am  #6

gary walker wrote:

Would we like him back though ?
I would say yes .😈

No. You'd never be able to plan for the medium-term. There's always be the nagging doubt he'd clear off again.

(Yes his departure to Redhill still irks me too. You'd never guess.)

28/8/2015 12:56 pm  #7

You hide it well Arthur

28/8/2015 1:06 pm  #8

He might only be on a small wedge, but what about when the Dog & Duck comes calling to save them from relegation to the Croydon & District 3rd Division with a double your money offer?

28/8/2015 2:32 pm  #9

I reiterate - "Frankie who ?" 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

28/8/2015 5:38 pm  #10

".....all those managers I have spoken to"

"It is Gary on the phone again love"
"Really!  Has he got no other life?   Tell him I'm out"
"But I told him that yesterday. And you know he will just keeping ringing and texting you"
"Who does he think he is?  Perhaps he thinks he should be doing my job. Or he might be after some scouting money.  Oh well, pass me the phone"

A Galton & Simpson script from Steptoe & Son?
No, just a day in the life of a weary Ryman League football manager/player who dreads the phone ringing.

Last edited by Bondy (28/8/2015 5:39 pm)

28/8/2015 8:56 pm  #11

gary walker wrote:

One manager did call me this week which was nice. I consider him the best in Ryman football so I am honoured.

Yeah Gary, he rang you to tell you that he has had a restraining order put on you to keep you off his back because he says that you are stalking him.

28/8/2015 9:08 pm  #12

Gary Stalker

28/8/2015 9:12 pm  #13

It doesn't even rhyme

29/8/2015 7:18 am  #14

Gary, you have said that so many times now it does not bear any credence.
You keep on posting buddy, otherwise we will not have anything to discuss on here.

Can not disagree with you about the members club though,  and what has happened about the new "Official site" which was mentioned last season, seems to have gone very quiet.

29/8/2015 8:38 am  #15

Do you watch a lot of reality TV Alan?
That might be why you enjoy these tantalising glimpses in to the fantasy world of Gary Stalkashian.

I suspect he has a dolls house at home where he nightly re enacts being a Big Brother contestant.
That is the problem with an overwealming desire for celebrity status.  It can take you over.
And that is why I am desperately trying to keep his feet on the ground.
(Although you might think getting your feet off the ground would be more of a problem for us!)

Last edited by Bondy (29/8/2015 9:00 am)

29/8/2015 9:11 am  #16

Hi! Bondy, If the truth be known I find Gary`s fantasy world far more entertaining than any reality TV programme, for which I would not waste the electricity on.
Keep it up Gary for without your "sources" how will we ever keep up with the ever changing world of rumours, transfers, and gossip.

Last edited by alanj (29/8/2015 9:11 am)

31/8/2015 12:05 am  #17

I'm with DeePee......who?  It's something I'd like to blot out of my mind really, when that (leaving before the LSC game) incident happened, the upset I saw from everyone is something I won't forget for a very long time......

Yes Gary, keep the posts coming - there's a few of us who (for varying reasons) can't get to Imperial Fields as often as they would like, so this is an excellent place to hear what's going on 

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

02/9/2015 11:53 am  #18

It's worth having a look at the Hastings forum, there opion of him is not good!
http://hufc.activeboard.com/

02/9/2015 2:03 pm  #19

I spoke to one of their fans last year who was upset he left but didn't mention any bad feelings.

In fairness to him he has just had another child and I was told he had problems work wise, the extra few quid you could pick up by switching teams could make a huge difference if times are hard.

I like him and he has always been great to Anthony who I know would have him back like a shot.
I fully understand why people distrust him but I personally wish him well where ever he plays.

02/9/2015 3:19 pm  #20

Like you Harry, their are always two sides to a coin, I can fully sympathise with somebody trying to bring up a young family, I wonder how many of the people who moan about him would turn down the opportunity of earning more money, not many I would wager.
Good luck to him both now and in the future.

08/9/2015 5:34 pm  #21

That`s a big shout Gary, like yourself, I do not have a problem with him but there are a lot who do and I think would take some convincing, but good luck to him wherever he winds up.

08/9/2015 5:42 pm  #22

As you know Gary, I would not object to his return. But are we playing the correct style of football to match his style of football? Or, will he get the hump again?

08/9/2015 8:26 pm  #23

played well against carshalton,but lacked cutting edge.is busy realy an out and out striker?think we need one,

08/9/2015 8:32 pm  #24

Check his goal scoring feats at Corinthian Casuals and I think that will answer your question Casey, but he can not do it all on his own, a bit of help would be nice!.

08/9/2015 10:35 pm  #25

We had didn't have enough in the mid-field with 5 at the back and resorted to zoom it again. A lot of their attacks were coming down the right hand side and they were getting through everytime I thought.

Board footera