“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/9/2015 9:54 am  #26

Re: Frankie Sawyer

yes didnt jamie get something like 27 goals last season?and he hit bar at carshalton,great effort.he is only about 5 foot so hitting high balls wont work.im not knocking him,he does need help.whats our set up?kinder 433?

09/9/2015 11:13 am  #27

casey wrote:

yes didnt jamie get something like 27 goals last season?and he hit bar at carshalton,great effort.he is only about 5 foot so hitting high balls wont work.im not knocking him,he does need help.whats our set up?kinder 433?

We're going to have to start calling you ' lower casey '

09/9/2015 12:24 pm  #28

59robbery wrote:

gary walker wrote:

Frankie has left Walton and wants to sign for Tooting. He wants to give something back to the fans by playing for less than half his value...

Call me uncharitable Pod, but perhaps he want to come back at half his (supposed) value because he currently doesn't have a club and is earning absolutely nothing.

Call me paranoid Pea, but what's it gotta do with me ? I haven't said a word on the subject !

There's only one Pea in Pod.

09/9/2015 5:18 pm  #29

casey wrote:

Jamie is, actually, very good in the air.  He has got his head on more balls in his few matches than Dan Summers did in a whol season.  Jason Henry is also good in the air despite his lack of inches. 

09/9/2015 8:19 pm  #30

up against big ctr halves though,hes not going to win many.puts himself about,which i like.could he play just off striker?

09/9/2015 8:40 pm  #31

Wow that really is an exciting prospect.
But we would have to dramatically change the way we are playing.

No more patient play across the back and down the flanks and then chip the ball long.
All balls slid through on the ground to players running on and through.
Who can play those balls?

I think it is unfair to simply suggest we played a negative 5 at the back.
We looked to control the ball across the back, draw their players forward and then push the 'wing backs' far forward.  Big difference

Last edited by Bondy (09/9/2015 8:41 pm)

09/9/2015 9:34 pm  #32

Not convinced we did actually play 5 at the back although I think it was more of a diamond in midfield rather  than a flat four with Ashley playing a holding roll sat just in front of the back four.

09/9/2015 10:27 pm  #33

maarlon wrote:

NO NO NO

Which is exactly what I was thinking.  I know there's lots of positives with the style of play and other issues that can be tinkered with - but I just fear how long it would be until we were all let down again.  Sorry to sound negative Plumpton but I don't want to see the upset repeated.  As mentioned earlier he has young family etc so if a better offer comes along I can see the same happening as last time.

I would never hold the family thing against anyone and would love to be proved wrong, but I am deffo apprehensive about it.

Last edited by Plumpton (09/9/2015 10:30 pm)

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

10/9/2015 8:54 am  #34

It's very much mix emotions, on the one hand yes a super proven goal scorer who's everywhere (even redhill). On the other hand would he stay the whole season and would like last season the formation work or fail. I t is a bit harsh and possiably not the reason, but when Frankie signed our result started to decline and never really got going consistently again.
Still maybe it is worth a gamble if there's a real chance of it achieving promotion.

Board footera