“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/7/2013 1:10 pm  #1

Meet the Manager & Mr Adkins

Well, what a rousing success that meeting was.

An interesting mini introduction by Phil (apologies, didn't pay attention to his surname) a new chap with KNK connections and an office at the stadium. He's basically tasked with investigating possible sponsorship opportunities and is happy to listen to all of our thoughts and ideas on how to obtain them.

Next we met our new manager, Craig Tanner and his assistant, Adam Moriarty. Craig hosted a Q & A session which turned into a very interesting and somewhat exciting glimpse in to his ideas and rational behind the squad building process for T & M U. It's great to hear that we are now getting players who WANT to play for the shirt and not some of the mercenarys that we've endured in the past. The future's bright, the future's Tanner !

Finally, Steve Adkins told us of his vision and indeed, solid plans for the future of Imperial Fields and the football club. Steve also hosted Q's & A's and was very frank about certain situations and the way forward for T & M U. If you didn't believe there was a passion for the club there before you would now !

All in all, a superb evening with the top brass. Shame if you missed it.

Roll on day one of the new season.

Last edited by The Administrator (23/7/2013 1:48 pm)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

23/7/2013 1:30 pm  #2

Re: Meet the Manager & Mr Adkins

If what you say is correct, and|I have no need to doubt you "Dee Pee", then I think we all know who is censoring and for what purpose, why don`t they just go away and worry about their own new club, or are they jealous of the positives that are coming out of Imperial Fields. Like yourself, I am extremely encorouged by not only what I heard last night, from all concerned, but also what we are seeing on the pitch. Long may it continue.

Last edited by alanj (23/7/2013 1:59 pm)

23/7/2013 2:05 pm  #3

Ah ha - I note that my RANT - now removed by the moderator - had the desired effect. My original post had been CENSORED by the moderator changing my words.

Glad to see that sense has prevailed !

23/7/2013 2:07 pm  #4

To protect yourself and every member on this forum, as I explained in the Private Message to you.

23/7/2013 2:18 pm  #5

Swear words and others are automatically changed by the software on the forum. It's clear you have no conscience for those that read this forum.

This forum will not be used for libelous comments nor swear words tolerated.

If you're bored as you clearly are, try swearing on here and see what appears.

Last edited by The Administrator (23/7/2013 2:18 pm)

23/7/2013 2:21 pm  #6

DeePee wrote:

The future's bright, the future's Tanner !

Did you ask me if you could use my phrase you cheeky monkey.  I was down at the New Forest yesterday so I could not attend but is sounds like a successful event.  Roll on Norwich!

23/7/2013 7:20 pm  #7

To clear things up - I DID NOT SWEAR in my original posting, unless of course, like the Moderator, you consider that using Mr Adkins' name is swearing !

I do not wish my good name (have I got one ?) tarnished by a slurr from the Moderator.

I'm beginning to get really upset by your (delete where necessary) assertions and insinuations Mr Moderator 

Last edited by DeePee (23/7/2013 7:20 pm)

23/7/2013 8:21 pm  #8

Can somebody explain to me why somebody from another club is the administrator of this web site?

24/7/2013 9:44 am  #9

Time to start a "Proper" truly independent T & M U F.C. forum then ????????

24/7/2013 11:51 am  #10

I thought it was" Chezzer" who set it up and then had to hand it to somebody else, who for whatever reason only lasted a few days, then the present encumbent took it over.

24/7/2013 3:58 pm  #11

Thanks for that "Gary", but "Bolty" set this up for his own agenda, and not for the benefit of Tooting & Mitcham United FC. I agree with giving a balanced view, but I would hardly call "Bolty`s" balanced as it only ever appears to be disruptive and negative.

24/7/2013 5:13 pm  #12

Yes, but he does not have "Craig Tanner"!

Roll on kick off!

25/7/2013 8:47 am  #13

There is no harm in optimism and he may be the best thing since sliced bread. But lets just wait until the season gets under way before giving an opinion. Look at last year similar comments were made about Forzoni, with chants of 'there's only one Forzoni' I seem to remember. And look what happened, sacked at Hythe.
For my pennyworth I have faith in Craig, and remember well the games he played for us. Fingers crossed it works out for him and us.

25/7/2013 12:44 pm  #14

I confidently predict Craig Tanner wont go the same way as Roberto Forzoni and get the sack after the Hythe Town match. Even if it turns out he isn't the best thing since sliced bread, he should be able to last more than 90 minutes in management !

Very fair point by 'benchy', we will have a much clearer idea of the way things are heading after the first few league games.

25/7/2013 3:27 pm  #15

It wasn't meant literally for this season, as surely even our club cannot give him the push after the first match! I was just pointing out that with this club you never know what's going to happen.  If Craig is as good at being a manager as he was a player then the future looks good. But with Mr Adkins in charge you never know what's round the corner.

Is it just me or have you also noticed how few people are posting, the same old names appear time after time. Have we succeeded in allienating everyone? Where is Bondy for instance and will Bill be making an appearance or has he gone for good?

26/7/2013 12:15 pm  #16

Your supposition would be absolutely right Benchy.
Until today I had not even registered for this Forum.
And on doing so today I see that I am one of only 36 Registered Users.

Now that footie is virtually upon us again the postings have largely returned to........footie.
Very refreshing.

Perhaps I should make clear my opinion of the new club bearing the Tooting name:
It must be very painful for any long standing supporters who felt it necessary to walk away from T&M United FC.
I applaud the enterprise of those involved and wish them every success

26/7/2013 1:06 pm  #17

Welcome aboard Old Son.

And a couple of good points very well expressed in the first of your many thousand posts on this fine forum.

BEU

26/7/2013 5:33 pm  #18

It hasn't been the same without you Bondy! Giving you full weight behind your opinions are always a joy to read. If only some others would return.
I also applaud the 'new venture', it is such a shame that it came to this but totally understand. I wish the all the luck and wonder how long it will be before we play them?

26/7/2013 8:21 pm  #19

A very long time I hope, because when we do, it will mean we have not progressed.

26/7/2013 9:04 pm  #20

Or they have!

28/7/2013 7:15 am  #21

I watched both games. The new tm team won and were very fit and should have had at least 3 pens before getting a 4th one which was despatched by Alvin Sarmiento. Was a decent game to be fair with Danny Lee and Bolty barking away on the sidelines driving them on to the end. I went up to watch the RPV and TMU game which looked very slow in comparison and we looked somewhat leggy and lethargic to be honest. Not many instructions being given from the sidelines at this match but I guess it was a bit of a low key affair for CT after the Norwich game. Grass was a bit long tho on the slope it seemed like we were treading water at times still 3-3 isn't a loss and with players supposedly missing I hope players aren't calling the shots already in the dressing room.

28/7/2013 1:41 pm  #22

Could somebody tell me why Gary Walkers post, which is the one I was answering yesterday, has been removed, not more swearing Mr administrator? Can you also explain why my post has been edited, getting more like a communist state.

28/7/2013 3:05 pm  #23

AlanJ, before you jump to conclusions GW has the facility to  delete his own messages. However, if his message was deleted by the administrator it's time to  think about amnother forum. However this does raise some important issues.

We have had so many different forums we don't need another. Participation in the last couple of forums almost reached 150. The sad fact due to  the horrendous situation at the club, we have lost a lot of core support and many fans have not even bothered about another forum, this one has only 37 registered but alot more read it including Members Club and the holding company.  also we do we get a truely independent TMUFC person to  control a forum and not be controlled by presssure from the owner or the members club.

DeePee would have been an ecellent person, but somehow after he hs switched allgience and cannot be trusted. The admin person from TMWFC needs to  identify and handover this forum to a truely independent Terror fan.

As I have said before, you must praise the person for setting up this forum, they have provided a service when  the Football Club was in dire straits and the members club were burying their head and scratching around for months.

28/7/2013 5:16 pm  #24

"..............but somehow after he hs switched allgience and cannot be trusted"

I take severe exception to that comment.  

I'm therefore seriously considering quiting this forum right now, as it's getting as nasty and twisted as poor Chezzars started to get !!

28/7/2013 7:27 pm  #25

Mikem wrote:

DeePee would have been an ecellent person, but somehow after he hs switched allgience and cannot be trusted. .

A nasty thing to say about DeePee..... I know he's big enough and ugly enough to fight his own battles but I trust him 100% and am more than happy to say it on here...

Too many personal digs on this forum and it's not nice to see or read.....

Board footera