“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/12/2016 9:00 am  #1

Greenwich Borough 3 Toots 2

Ouch, that hurt 

We played alright and deserved a share of the spoils but lost it right at the death. Rats !

I'll leave the detailed match analysis to others, I'm smarting too much to be rational.

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (07/12/2016 9:07 am)

07/12/2016 9:32 am  #2

Re: Greenwich Borough 3 Toots 2

It was a fulled blooded top of the table clash.  We could point to the 2 similar penalty shouts - both that went in Greenwich's favour.  We could also point to 2 injury time goals.  And even the last minute defensive reshuffle in the moments before the winner.

But although we played pretty well in the 1st half you have to say that they defended tenaciously.  And of course they hit the woodwork.  And you have to give them credit for upping their game in the 2nd half, and they started to pick up more second ball in midfield.

So well done to them for a good performance and although they defended well, they weren't defensive so maybe deserved any luck that they got.

In our favour, we had a good first half, looked dangerous from set pieces(!) and battled back well having fallen behind.  In this game, the key moments went against us and in the last 5 minutes either team could have got the winner.  Last night it just wasn't to be.

07/12/2016 11:01 am  #3

Scant consolation I know, but at least now Lee the Mod can put a new battery in his wristwatch and I can change my underpants.

07/12/2016 12:03 pm  #4

Amidst the obvious disappointment surrounding last nights result, one burning question still remains unanswered!!!

DID BONDY GET HIS LIFT HOME???

07/12/2016 1:01 pm  #5

He hasn't posted on here yet today so he's either still walking back round the South Circular or lying in his pit now that he doesn't get up until the crack of dusk 

07/12/2016 5:13 pm  #6

08/12/2016 12:56 am  #7

Thank you for your touching concern chaps. 
Rest assured I got home safely and was most grateful for the lift offered.
Beers will flow to show my appreciation.

Obviously disappointed at the result and especially their winner when we suddenly dropped back very deep without actually picking up any of their players.
But what a cracking game of footie surely worthy of the division above.
Both teams were keen to build the play from the back or played accurate and intelligent long balls forward.

Their goal scoring striker was perhaps a little lucky to escape punishment when responding to the on pitch sledging by kicking by kicking out in view of referee and assistant.
The result?  Don't be naughty boys.

The penalty they were given looked a valid shout to ne.

The run had to end at some sine and no real ground lost. Lots of games still to be played.
Onward and hopefully upward.

Last edited by Bondy (08/12/2016 12:58 am)

08/12/2016 11:59 am  #8

On the Football Web Pages site, there is a now a highlights package video, so if you didn't make it to the game you can now see all the goals for yourself.

If I was clever enough, I would have posted a link so you could've just clicked on it and saved the trouble of going to the Web Pages site to see it. Unfortunately, I'm not clever enough and therefore I didn't.......tough 

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (08/12/2016 1:00 pm)

08/12/2016 1:03 pm  #9

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

08/12/2016 1:08 pm  #10

I notice they didn't show our penalty appeal for exactly the same thing as theirs that was turned down !  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera