“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/1/2017 6:27 pm  #1

Plan B tomorrow?

If our game is off, Walton Casuals v Chipstead @ Whyteleafe via the Radius Arms?!

20/1/2017 9:15 pm  #2

Re: Plan B tomorrow?

Andy Harrup wrote:

If our game is off, Walton Casuals v Chipstead @ Whyteleafe via the Radius Arms?!

And......did someone on here say that Big Vern plays for Chipstead? I like Walton Casuals too, friendly side.

Heard good things of the Radius, what time in there?  About 13:00-13:30?

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

21/1/2017 1:29 am  #3

Or, you could really live on the wild side and indulge in some Combined Counties Div. 1 action, Chessington & Hook United v Worcester Park........though if a Ryman South game is in jeopardy, I suspect a CCL D1 game certainly would be.  And the CCL aren't exactly great on reporting postponements etc.  I recall the day of Fretters' 40th birthday do where I turned up at Chalky Lane (of the aforementioned Chessington & Hook United, for their fixture against Epsom Athletic) and the only people there were two kids playing on the rusted shell of a car, saying "are you here for the Epsom game mister...it ain't happenin'......"

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

21/1/2017 8:51 pm  #4

"..........what time in there?  About 13:00-13:30?"

We were there, where were you Plumpy ? 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

22/1/2017 11:09 pm  #5

He was supposed to join myself, Statto, Rob and Simon in Maidstone for their match against Torquay. Unfortunately he didn't arrive in Maidstone until 1455 and was scouring the town looking for sustenance, by which time it was too late to join us in the ground. But he did join us after the game as we descended on the fabulous Flower Pot pub for a few beverages.

Last edited by fretters (22/1/2017 11:09 pm)

23/1/2017 9:32 am  #6

The Flower Pot ?? Isn't that the pub we all congregated in before Tooting played Maidstone a few seasons ago ? 

23/1/2017 11:49 am  #7

Bog End Ultra wrote:

The Flower Pot ?? Isn't that the pub we all congregated in before Tooting played Maidstone a few seasons ago ? 

Ahhh yes......there was a bit of a mix up on Saturday, I got told that the plan had changed and headed off to Maidstone, only realising that both venues were taking place afterwards......

Apologies gents - I'm a bit gutted about the Whyteleafe thing, next time I'll make sure I know the plan 100% and stick to it.....

With the conditions as they are, is the Knaphill game likely to be a go-er?  That could provide me with time to catch up, but looking at the frost today this seems a bit dicey.  Mind you, Imperial Fields is better in extreme weather than a lot of others....

23/1/2017 3:52 pm  #8

I think you are right Cricket, a very nice pub indeed with friendly people.
Oh and the beer was not too bad either.

Board footera