“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/2/2017 5:37 pm  #1

Lewes 1-5 TMUFC

that's the way to do it

#goingforthetitle

I was lost but now im found

18/2/2017 6:57 pm  #2

Re: Lewes 1-5 TMUFC

Simply brilliant today.  Never needed to hit top gear but won at a canter.  Our front four were unplayable at times

Decent performance on the terraces too.

Very enjoyable.

18/2/2017 7:07 pm  #3

One of the best away days ever. Picturesque ground. Bumpy pitch. Low sun. Big crowd. Noisy away support. Strong Tooting defence. Irresistible Tooting attack. A Dunn Panenka. Dixon a class apart. Oh...and great real ale.

I really hope Lewes come up with us. I love going there.

18/2/2017 7:51 pm  #4

Have agree with you tartan.Great day.Very nervous in first half.They had better of it,but our defence stood firm.We played much better second half.The second half bombardment didnt happen.Lewes need to do better against Dorking.Lets hope out new batch of injured players don't need treatment table.A great sqaud performance.Again it shows it's not good enough to have 11 good players.

18/2/2017 9:36 pm  #5

I'm a new supporter, went today with my two boys, so first away game - a great day out.T+M looked a class apart (though their comedy own goal came at a good time). 

18/2/2017 10:00 pm  #6

A professional performance making it 8 wins in a row . Does winning ever get boring ? We are in dream land with unity from boardroom level down to fans . Only disappointment was Merson not keeping a clean sheet - he deserved to & Mike "Tyson" Dixon unplayable at no 9 even their manager comments on it - he deserved a goal . Welcome Brendan and family with 2 boys to boot on your away day debut may long it bring the terrors luck . #tmufcwemarchon

18/2/2017 11:12 pm  #7

Well judging by the Lewes fans forum they are pissed with the result but to quote one comment of their forum.

"It wasn't pretty from Tooting but it was effective. Do you think they always play hoofball to their very strong No 9 or was it just a tactic they employed against us?"

Read more: http://lewesfc.proboards.com/thread/3469/tooting-game#ixzz4Z56YJZZG

I was lost but now im found

19/2/2017 11:30 am  #8

New member.As a youth followed the team and higlight the 1959 cup run. Since returning to London and living again in Tooting have returned to follow the team. Low point the relegation and the high the Cup game v Bishops Stortfrod.

19/2/2017 1:02 pm  #9

Lots of negative comments from deluded Lewes fans on their forum. Not from their manager though, who accepted we were the better team and said his players let him down. Hopefully he can get a response from them when they play Dorking in the week.
Things went our way yesterday but I think we made our own luck and restricted Lewes to very few scoring opportunities with the back four looking pretty solid, as they have done the last couple of games.
Whether or not we deserved to win by four goals doesn't really matter. We got the three points we deserved and they got what they deserved, nothing.
Top marks for the travelling support again, the team really does seem to appreciate the effort, and with some big away games to come, that support will be needed and hopefully that contribution will go towards making this one of the best seasons for many years.

19/2/2017 3:22 pm  #10

Me and the wife have been watching the terrors for 3 Yeats now after giving up on Palace after 30 odd years. Yesterday was one of the best away days I've had. Great support from the Tooting lads. Just wish we could get those numbers (769)back at our place.

19/2/2017 4:03 pm  #11

The Lewes fan who said that we were not pretty in our play was because we had to change the way we normally play as the pitch was not up to scratch, in fact with the amount of money that they have got they should make the pitch a better area to play on. had their pitch been of a better standard we would have beaten by a bigger margin. So Lewes stop moaning you were beaten by a much better team

19/2/2017 4:10 pm  #12

19/2/2017 7:12 pm  #13

I was a bit nervous before the game, but after only a few minutes I could see that our players were up for the game and were trying to play at a decent tempo.

Not for the first time this season  we were thankful to the keeper  (Merson and Pierson ) for making a good save when it was still goalless.

And we have a few players who can turn a game on their own and this time it was O'Neill. I suppose you could say the final score flatteed us but at the same time we do tend to get plenty of players forward so it's no surprise to me that we score a few from time to time.

And as for the long ball comment I would just say that it is simply another weapon in our attacking armoury. And if the opposition defenders don't fancy a battle with Dixon we'd be stupid not to employ that tactic.

And as for Dixon, he is really a candidate for the player of the season now. He's been so consistent lately and once again you have to congratulate the management for getting the most out of him

19/2/2017 8:09 pm  #14

Geoff G is right about the state of the Lewes pitch and the need for the long ball game on this occasion. One of the key differences this season to recent less successful ones has been the ability of Frank, Paul, and the players to adapt to changing conditions and circumstances better than the opposition. And that is why we are where we are in the league.

Last edited by Tartan Terror (19/2/2017 11:17 pm)

19/2/2017 11:11 pm  #15

What a day!!! Great place, great beer and a great result. We are just playing with so much confidence at present. Dixon was unplayable. His hold up play is fantastic. The only thing that was missing from his performance was a goal. I would have taken a scrappy 1-0, but this was just a fantastic early birthday present for me.

Another big game coming up at Cray on Wednesday. The pitch at Hayes Lane isn't the best, but then again neither was the pitch at Lewes.

Must say this about Lewes though. My favourite away day. Always a nice friendly welcoming club.

20/2/2017 9:27 am  #16

That was one of the best away days EVER 

5-1, Five bloody one 

20/2/2017 10:44 am  #17

And you very nearly missed the train - Platform 6 !!  What are you like Boggy ?  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

20/2/2017 7:16 pm  #18

I enjoyed watching you on Saturday for the first time in what seems like forever. Hopefully I'll see you again on your own patch before season end- perhaps the day you win promotion.

I've was there to write the report for Sussex Express, but there's a much longer version on my own website- search Townsendaround as I can't put a link in here- if you happen to be interested.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Having seen every team in Ryman South now, I think you'll be just fine!

21/2/2017 11:30 am  #19

townsendaround.....Good match report and some great pics.
http://www.townsendaround.co.uk/steps-3-6/terror-at-the-dripping-pan/#prettyPhoto

21/2/2017 4:34 pm  #20

Board footera