“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/2/2017 12:18 pm  #1

Cray Wanderers Big Game tonight

A big performance needed tonight to keep the momentum going to get closer to getting out of this league also let's see if Lewes can do us a favour by getting a positive result against Dorking.
PS I will try and get my arse to the game tonight

I was lost but now im found

22/2/2017 1:38 pm  #2

Re: Cray Wanderers Big Game tonight

I've got butterflies.

22/2/2017 5:43 pm  #3

Yes chaps it's a big night all round.........another night indoors on Football Web Pages , I do suspect Lewes do have the fire power to see a win at their place after Saturday, so hoping good things there.  I really don't want this to come down to a 'on the wire' day at Dorking 22nd April.....I don't think my nerves could handle that   

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

22/2/2017 5:51 pm  #4

I'm always nervous before a game!!! And I'm not even going tonight. I'll be busy watching the tumbleweed at South Wimbledon. But I'll also be keeping an eye on proceedings by way of that vidiprinter thingy!!!

COME ON TOOTING!!!!

22/2/2017 9:40 pm  #5

Well well well.......a gripping evening refreshing FWP and Twitter here, must have been electric at the ground!  WELL DONE Terrors  , upping the game even more all of the time!

I was excited when the Lewes - Dorking scoreline was level, sadly at 76 mins DWFC got another in......certain Lewes have given it a decent battle though.

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

22/2/2017 10:24 pm  #6

Just back from Lewes 1  Dorking Wanderers 2. Dorking just about deserved the win, defended solidly, closed down quickly. But they were nowhere near as good as your lot were on Saturday.

22/2/2017 10:53 pm  #7

And we were nowhere near as good as we have been in other games this season. And yet on a rough pitch against tough opponents with a ref who seemed to be making it up as he went along we came away with another big victory. 

Most teams are finding our attacking play unstoppable.  Dan could have had a hat trick he had a chance in a carbon copy of his first goal just before half time. But keeper saved with his legs.  He also headed just wide. And we also hit the inside of the post. 

But today felt like one of those games where the result was all that mattered. 

Brilliant run, 100 goals, great team spirit and excellent support as always.  These are great days.

22/2/2017 11:16 pm  #8

Both Tooting and Hastings have scored 101 goals in the league this season.  Our game with them on 11th March will be crucial (0-0 draw anybody?)

22/2/2017 11:57 pm  #9

First time I've been to Hayes Lane. I like the ground, pretty nice. Another impressive win, as well, very enjoyable evening

23/2/2017 1:05 am  #10

Another fine and decisive win.
I thought we looked better than in the away win on Saturday simply because Dixon had much more support up front.
The team certainly created a hatful of chances - double figures in the 1st half alone.
Just a bit careless with possession at times.
Cray were chasing the game throughout and the gorgeous passing extravaganza that resulted in the final goal showed what could be achieved simply by retaining possession and with good movement.

A(nother) fine run this season.  Well done lads.

Board footera