“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/8/2013 11:38 am  #1

Fans - State of Play

The real core fan base is shrinking all the time.  The dreadful happenings at this club over the last few years are finally driving a nail in the coffin. Let’s a face it, local people are not interested in the Football club, and with a pathetic home record like ours, who is going to pay to watch this third rate Football, playing in third rate leagues.

The Football club was the creation of two local clubs which merged together and were a major part of the local community. After the Second World War the club started to progress to become one of the top amateur teams in the Country with several thousand fans. Since the mid-seventies we have seen the sad demise of the club both in terms of playing ability and ground decay, and the eventual move and giving away of Imperial Fields.   

To gain any significant fan base again, will take some time, and confidence in the Football club. That does not look likely at any time soon. The fans today are mostly the remnants of the good old days, and the obvious neglect in the Football club will eventually kill off this Football club in more ways than one. Maybe that’s all part of the end.

While some individuals in the Members Club work tirelessly in the background, this group has been responsible for the situation that exist today, without any really meaningful input other than jumping to the owners orders. They created this situation and we all have to live with it. The situation today was created by the dreadful decisions made in 2005.

Who is going to be first to say Atkins saved the club? He put the club in the position he wanted, because the body that run the club did not have a clue about an alternative solution, and still don’t.  
The Members club now have the audacity to request ideas and help, when many ideas were floated on the previous forums without any response. During the process of giving away the Football club in 2005 they would only recruit associated members without voting rights. That has not been forgotten by me and many others. This was truly a disgraceful time in the club’s history. Yet there is Aitkin’s writing programme notes about joining the Member’s Club! He would wouldn’t he.

The Football Club should have been allowed to die peacefully in 2005, instead every year since then without fail there has been many embarrassing and shambolic situations, and we have become the laughing stock of non-league Football.

The net result is have a third rate Football Team who play because they serve a purpose, we have a home ground which is totally soulless, and a shrinking fan base. Something really drastic will have to happen to change this situation. Yeah and “Pigs will Fly.”

19/8/2013 12:34 pm  #2

Re: Fans - State of Play

59 robbery, I think you will find he is denied that pleasure, try looking at their web site?
Mikem, it is no good to keep referring to the past, we are where we are so we have got to make the most of it. Regarding the support, back in the "good old days" when you used to queue down Sandy Lane to get in, times were different then and the Saturday game is what the working man used to look forward to, now there are so many other alternatives it is no wonder that football, at this level has gone down in the list of priorities. This has nothing to do with the football club but a sign of the times., I agree that a successfull club will attract more support, so why do we not all get behind the team, home and away, and do our bit and hopefully better times will come..

19/8/2013 12:44 pm  #3

What a completely useless idiot, have I mentioned Mitcham Wanderers.  but I do wish them the best of luck. Must have struck a nerve for you to sign up to this forum, plus you must have a thing about a new club starting.. You cannot supply any development plan for the Football Club as is situation is today. Give me a reason why you have asked me to see my development plans? It's far too late they were thrown over board in the summer when the Chairman of Football did a runner! .

My development plan now is let the club die in peace.

19/8/2013 12:50 pm  #4

Alan J, I always get behind the team in bad time and bad times, have tried my bit and found a completely useless and thankless task. Go to  any other ground than Imperial Fields and find out what a real Football Club  is like! Something that has long gone at this club.

19/8/2013 1:11 pm  #5

Mikem, I know what you are saying but have you read other fans forums, we are not alone and there are also others in a far worse place, personally I feel that the club has to stand or fall by it`s results, if it wishes to get further up the ladder, then do it in the pitch, with the resources that are at hand, not through some individual who when he feels like he wants to go home and take his ball with him just walks away, as some have done who are not too far away from us. The facilities we enjoy are the best around and the envy of all the teams who play us, that did not happen by accident, forget about what has gone before and lets enjoy a future, which after the end of the season a lot of us did not think we would.

19/8/2013 5:36 pm  #6

ALAN J do you think for one moment that those facilities are built for the good of the football club?. they are built by adkins who hates football and loves rugby and who is a property developer and is building an asset so when all the markers and timestamps pass the ownership refers to hima and him alone. can you tell me why none of the 3g monies have been passed to the football club and where has 120000 pound of money gone from the acaedmy please.

19/8/2013 6:19 pm  #7

I am not that foolish!, the point I was making is they are there for all to use, and must have some benefit to the club, even if only admiration from other supporters, of course he is building an asset to his benefit, and good luck to him, in the meantime let us enjoy it and hope that it might give inspirition to the team, and encorage players to come here as they will not be coming for the money, where would you! rather play, in comparison to the other clubs around.

20/8/2013 10:56 am  #8

59er, it's fans like you which should have been postive, instead of being totally negative,  each time a crises hit the club since 2005. Instead your totally negative atrtitude of burying your head in the sand as if nothing has happened.

I think it's totally pathetic how you and others keep referring to  Tooting and Mitcham Wanderers. They have my full support as does Craig Tanner. At least those involved in te Wanderers have done a fantastic job in delivering. What they have done in such a short while,  puts the members club to  shame. 

As I have said before, the sad aspect of all of this is the fact the Wanderers have been created by individuals who are Terrors through and through. There enthusiam has to be applauded, what a waste of talent and ideas for our own club.   At least they did not bury their heads in the sand.

Last edited by Mikem (20/8/2013 10:57 am)

20/8/2013 1:26 pm  #9

3 matches in and still the majority of posts are nothing to do with the football being played.  Sad.

Instead we have an almost daily diet of abuse and spite aimed at 'The Club' or 'they'.
'They' presumably being the 100's of full time & highly paid administrators who work for T&M.

Go off and support the Wanderers.  Enjoy your football.  Be happy.    Live long & prosper.
Return this Forum to football folk who want to discuss their football team.

On another subject:
Dee Pee told me on Saturday that he goes in for an op this week and will be missing from us for a short while.  How long depending on the size of the keyhole!
Join me in wishing him well and a swift return.

Dave - make sure you draw on a clear diagram showing the bit to be removed. If you leave it to the surgeons you might return to us as a Ladyboy.  And we already have Gary Walker.

20/8/2013 2:10 pm  #10

Good wishes to Dee Pee, and come back soon, we need you to sell the programes. Good luck buddy.

20/8/2013 2:36 pm  #11

Bondy, There is no postings about Football because the fans want to  give a fair chance to  Craig Tanner, We have all witnessed the three games so  far and this is a  a very difficult time for him, not only being new to  management, but trying to  build a team on f--k all budget.

You also have a short memory, the members club were taken to  the cleaners this year and running around like headless chickens trying to  save the the Football Club. What a waste of time the club was never going to going to  fold, it can't at this current time. They were made to,look fools, yet again! Every time the owner wants something from them he creates chaos, as was the crises this year. 

It's far to  late to turn the clock back now, we have  a third rate Football club being supported by an ever shrinking fan base, well those pay to  watch the team at least. Indiviuals keep wanting to  forget the past, I cant because impacts the state of the club today.

There was a fantastic opportunity to  change the state of play for the club this summer,  The Chairman of Football worked realy  hard on several fronts  to change the way the Football Club operates and bring the club back to the fans. I did warn him to  beware as everyone was taking him for a ride, and sure enough!.  

You seem to be another complete idiot who never reads messages properly, statements about Mitcham Wanderers are being made because other insecure individual raise the subject, just like you.

I supported the team when they were in dire straits and there have been many ocassions over the last few years, I don't throw in the towel like you.

He is a messge for the Members Club, sit back and enjoy the Football, hand everything over to  the owner now it's an integral part of the business plan.

20/8/2013 6:40 pm  #12

Mikem wrote:

Bondy, There is no postings about Football because the fans want to  give a fair chance to  Craig Tanner, We have all witnessed the three games so  far and this is a  a very difficult time for him, not only being new to  management, but trying to  build a team on f--k all budget.

You also have a short memory, the members club were taken to  the cleaners this year and running around like headless chickens trying to  save the the Football Club. What a waste of time the club was never going to going to  fold, it can't at this current time. They were made to,look fools, yet again! Every time the owner wants something from them he creates chaos, as was the crises this year. 

It's far to  late to turn the clock back now, we have  a third rate Football club being supported by an ever shrinking fan base, well those pay to  watch the team at least. Indiviuals keep wanting to  forget the past, I cant because impacts the state of the club today.

There was a fantastic opportunity to  change the state of play for the club this summer,  The Chairman of Football worked realy  hard on several fronts  to change the way the Football Club operates and bring the club back to the fans. I did warn him to  beware as everyone was taking him for a ride, and sure enough!.  

You seem to be another complete idiot who never reads messages properly, statements about Mitcham Wanderers are being made because other insecure individual raise the subject, just like you.

I supported the team when they were in dire straits and there have been many ocassions over the last few years, I don't throw in the towel like you.

He is a messge for the Members Club, sit back and enjoy the Football, hand everything over to  the owner now it's an integral part of the business plan.

Yet another personal attack on someone.. This time Bondy....
Spoke to a number of people Saturday in the bar before the game and the subject of this forum came up....
Some really nasty online attacks on people really do lower the standards and stop others from posting on here... Why bother posting when it will only be a matter of time before you get insulted.
and your views attacked in such a nasty way.

Sort it out gents.......... Grow up.

Board footera