“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/8/2013 9:17 pm  #1

Peacehaven v Tooting and Mitcham

0-1; 1-1; 2-1;2-2.  Pinnock and Hall were the scorers for Tooting.

21/8/2013 10:40 pm  #2

Re: Peacehaven v Tooting and Mitcham

A bit of a curate's egg tonight.  We were quite bright early on and were making inroads from out wide.  But at the same time we did tend to look a bit short-handed at the back occasionally.  Our goal camr from a drive down the left by Sawyer and his low cross was converted by Pinnock.  We were still cheering when a P&T break down the right was converted from close range.  So half time was 1-1.  We were slow out of the blocks in the second half and it was no suprise when they took the lead.  Again we were outnumbered in our own penalty area.  A P&T defender was sent off for a late tackle and Craig reshuffled the team to try to make it count.  I was expecting to be camped in their half for the remainder of the game, but P&T gave as good as they got.  But we did equalise when Hall arrived unmarked at the back post to sidefoot home,  We had chances to win it, but to be fair the P&T so did they.

I have been impressed by Pinnock this season and I'm hoping that he and Sawyer can get an understanding together because I believe that they can cause a lot of problems for defenders.

22/8/2013 12:32 am  #3

The great footie truth:
When are you most vunerable?  When you have just scored.   Indeed.

I certainly agree we will need the Pinnock/Sawyer combo to remain fit because the other options seem limited.
As we saw on Saturday and again tonight the threat from Dan Morris is quite limited. 
That is fair enough.  Players, mangers and officials are all at the level they are at.
If they were better they would be in a higher league. Understood.

What is less acceptable is his reluctance to put in the same level of physical effort as his fellow strikers or use any physical strength he might have to hold off or compete against his opponent.
Oddly though, he was quite prepared to be extremely forceful when his obvious shortcomings were pointed out by his Captain after the game!
Shame that same level of aggression was not directed towards his opponents when the match was still live!

Unfortunate goal conceeded by the usually very reliable Josh Turner as our back 4 generally look quite solid. As is goalkeeper Smith.  A good find.
We certainly had a good go at them once they went down to 10 men, spread the play wide pretty well and created some chances.  Cheadle has a fearsome shot although we are seeing less (none?) long range efforts from Lee Hall in his new deeper role.  Shame.

Peacehaven had got off to a good start with a win and two draws.  So perhaps this was a reasonable away point. 3 needed soon though.

24/8/2013 10:37 pm  #4

No comment from anybody to my posting above? (In agreement or not)
And yet we had a fine turn out of around 50/60 at this game.

Now I read on the unofficial web site that Mr Morris has departed.
So my old eyes were not deceiving me. 
No Gary, you should not read this as a suggestion that you (& I) can pick a new set of players each month.

25/8/2013 10:51 am  #5

I didn't really want to pick on individual players.  But Morris just didn't look to be at the same level as his team mates - in skill or aggression.  I would rather see Nkoma as our first choice backup for Pinnock and Sawyer.

Board footera