“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/9/2013 10:59 am  #1

Shenanigans at Leatherhead last Saturday

I really can't believe that nobody's posted on here about the goings-on at Leatherhead last Saturday !!

Some of the events were extraordinary ! For example, near the end of the game when their keeper was leaning against the perimeter fence preparing to take a free-kick Bill Hill leaned over and almost succeded in pulling the goalies shorts down. As the keeper walked upfield to complain about the behaviour of our former Chairman he was shown a yellow card for time wasting !!! This infuriated a number of their players who were 'giving it large' to the Bog Enders behind the goal at the final whistle.

Meanwhile, in the main stand it all kicked-off between 2 rival supporters who traded kicks and punches before the Tooting fan was led away by a mate while threatening to dismember the Leatherhead fan should he turn up at Imperial Fields later in the season. The 2 protagonists had a combined age of around 110 !!! Hence the Old Bill turning up at the end. The Tooting fan managed to skip past Plod undetected although I'm sure he'll be tuning-in nervously next time Crimewatch is screened.

I also heard a rumour that a Leatherhead player was gobbing at the Tooting players but that IS only a rumour.

The match, or rather the goings-on were also a topic for Neil Warnock and the presenter on a TalkSport programme yesterday.

All in all a fairly eventful day, and we've got them away again in the league this coming Saturday !!!!!!!!
BRING IT ON. If 'Old Big Nose' (that's a bit rich coming from me) is in goal for them again Iurge you to provoke the shithead like he's never been provoked in his life. Not that most of you will need any urging.

03/9/2013 12:56 pm  #2

Re: Shenanigans at Leatherhead last Saturday

See you there, "Bog End". I felt that our lads could take a lot from the game as they were up against a team who had only conceded three goals this season, and I thought there keeper was slightly the busier of the two.  Shame Aaron Dalhouse had to be taken off due to his yellow card as he is forming a good partnership with Colin, and as for T. J`s associate who`s name escapes me, what a talent! he can certainly pick a pass and does not seem afraid of a tackle. Once again Jordan Cheadle was not picked, I hope I am wrong but I can see him leaving.

03/9/2013 1:50 pm  #3

Hi Al, like yourself and every single Tooting fan I've spoken to on the subject, I am completely baffled by Jordan Cheadle's absence from the starting eleven. Maybe he's carrying a knock.

Maybe I'm too easily baffled but Dalhouse's yellow card for getting the ball trapped under his legs while the Leatherhead player kicked lumps out of him was , well.........baffling.

You're right, little Elliott ( that's his name ) had a cracking second half.

03/9/2013 2:10 pm  #4

Hi! Bog End, the other thing which baffled me was when there defender went down and controilled the ball with his arm to bring it closer to his body, to stop our player getting to it, he only got a telling off, where is the consistency in that.

Board footera