“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/4/2018 4:03 pm  #1

Terrors 1 Levred 4

Sinking without a trace!!!!!

Glad I weren't there. How bad was it????

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

02/4/2018 4:27 pm  #2

Re: Terrors 1 Levred 4

It was horrendous. Not going again this season.

02/4/2018 4:36 pm  #3

Have we given up or something???

Will drag myself there on Saturday, but only on sufferance. I'm just so disheartened by things. All of last seasons great work means absolutely nothing now.

02/4/2018 4:47 pm  #4

what do you expect with a totally useless manager that has not got a clue and some players who just dont 
care.wonder how many will go next season.also as been said before owner has no ambition.

02/4/2018 4:55 pm  #5

We had the chance to get some new faces in before the deadline and breathe some much needed life into us. But we didn't. That's what has annoyed me 😡😡😡

A long time since I have been this disheartened.

And I can't even have a beer to drown my sorrows cos I'm stuck at work.

Last edited by Fretters the Second (02/4/2018 4:56 pm)

02/4/2018 4:56 pm  #6

F+++++g abysmal!
I was speaking to Billy Smith at half time and he agreed this was probably one of the worst Tooting teams for some time, seven of whom should not be putting on the shirt.
Once again playing one up front, which is fine if he is mobile and gets supported from midfield, as neither is the case why leave Reis on the bench.
Up until now I have always felt we had a chance of staying up but after the last few games, and with time slipping away, I do feel a little jittery.

02/4/2018 5:02 pm  #7

I've gone beyond feeling jittery now, Alan.

I just don't see where another point is coming from.

Think that Harlow game is going to be meaningless now. We're just making it so easy for teams around us.

02/4/2018 5:13 pm  #8

alan & fretters frank did not bring anybody in because A- he does not have any contacts worth knowing and
B-you have an owner who has no ambition.this is all a f....... insult to some of the best supporters in non
league football.if he cant get a decent manager in or cant raise enough interest in the club why dont he just 
sell to someone who has some interest and f... off.

02/4/2018 5:17 pm  #9

No defence; a midfield who play as individuals and not as unit: no forwards who can even make a opposition defender raise an eyebrow.  This has been the story all season which is why we have conceded 97 goals.  It is time for the manager to go.

02/4/2018 5:22 pm  #10

Do you mean get rid of him now???? With four games to go???

The dye has been cast. No point in bringing someone else in now.

02/4/2018 5:36 pm  #11

Not a bad shout as it happens.

Can't see anything happening before the end of the season though.

02/4/2018 6:08 pm  #12

Keep going fellows!  Hope you get through and stay up!

02/4/2018 6:17 pm  #13

Timbo wrote:

Keep going fellows!  Hope you get through and stay up!

Thanks Timbo

A tiny part of me still believes that we can stay up

But I'm clutching at straws really.

02/4/2018 7:32 pm  #14

First 10 to 15 minutes thought we played reasonable well, a couple of shots at goal, one hitting the Leatherhead post and then.......................... !!!!

02/4/2018 7:56 pm  #15

All this talk about not getting any players in, well we got a new forward in a couple of weeks ago,  he looked quite promising but has hardly had a kick since, how the hell is Omar getting the nod ahead of Reis ?

02/4/2018 8:09 pm  #16

andy mc i understand where you are coming from and you are right about reis but this tells you what a prat this manager is.andy this guy needs to go now.

02/4/2018 8:34 pm  #17

I heard it on good authority today that Frank was offered money to buy a new forward
But he turned it down?
This has been one of our many weak positions all season, and lets face it we all know that goals win games, but Frank saw fit to turn the offer down
Beggar`s belief.

02/4/2018 8:41 pm  #18

totally agree alan think about it other clubs have brought in decent loan players worthing being a good 
example we could have done the same,it just goes to prove my point that frank is a chancer and a total
plank (excuse the pun).

02/4/2018 8:48 pm  #19

Can not disagree with you buddy.
We certainly are in a parlous position.
Does any one remember in the earlier part of the season, Worthing were rock bottom and I remember hearing people saying "thank god they are, at least we will be safe".
Who`s point`s tally would you rather have now?

02/4/2018 9:07 pm  #20

alanj wrote:

I heard it on good authority today that Frank was offered money to buy a new forward
But he turned it down?
This has been one of our many weak positions all season, and lets face it we all know that goals win games, but Frank saw fit to turn the offer down
Beggar`s belief.

Why sign a new striker we only play with one and we have two already!!! ........... IF it's true it's total madness.  Also why the ....was Chace taken off today.

Last Easter Monday Jordan Wilson came on to score the goal that effectively  won us promotion, today he came on and scored in a result that pushes us nearer relegation
, what's changed? Paul Dale left. He was clearly the brains behind last season...

02/4/2018 9:25 pm  #21

dave m, your questions as to why the manager does what he does are irrelavent the truth is the man is a 
total plank who thinks he is a good manager ,has proved he is not.end of story.

02/4/2018 9:59 pm  #22

Chace substituted...walked straight of the pitch and down the tunnel, and the embarrassing sight of the manager following him down the Tunnel.

There were more Leatherhead supporters than the Terrors today. 

The Team is in a complete mess from top to  bottom and fighting against a complete lack of any structure or support......BUILT TO  FAIL!!!!!. Any sign of a revival is always completely demolished just take a look back over the years.

Any manager  coming to Imperial Fields would need his head examined. Only those desperate for a job would sign up the this football shambles.

This is not a Football club, just a team with a name. They could go out of existence tomorrow, Imperial Fields would just carry on without them. The Old Club reaps what it sowed!!!!!!

02/4/2018 10:04 pm  #23

Its been a shambles for a while now ive paid good money travelling home and away watching this rubbish. Its clear that the team and manager are not good enough and things should have changed a while ago. The transfer window is now closed and we have got a few 17 year old kids bringing in to a dog fight while our rivals sign esablished players. We are a loyal bunch of fans and deserve a dam sight better passion to be shown by this club. We are always left in the learch with no information and now on the pitch left with a team and manager with no fight fed up is a understatement.

03/4/2018 8:37 am  #24

Farce... We can't score goals and we can't defend.... Most of the players don't deserve to wear the black and white shirt... We're too isolated up front as were only putting one striker up front...

The problem... we haven't signed enough players... Earlier In the week Burgess Hill signed 3 players... We need experienced players... I know it's too late know as the transfer window is closed but it's what another problem is...

We've relied on too much youth this season... I know it's worked with Dom and Jones but were almost an u23 team... I pointed out these issues at the start of the season and I knew this was going to happen if we didn't sign experienced players that are good enough for this league.... We're not good enough for this league... Most of them players are good Bostik South players but not good Bostik Prem players...

I'm sorry... but I have no belief in this team and In my opinion we have no chance of staying up as Burgess Hill have games in hand...

I've had enough

03/4/2018 8:55 am  #25

I thought I'd make my comment even though I haven't seen much of the Terrors in the last few months. (And not because we are playing crap by the way!  I've watched a couple of relegations through to the bitter end in my time as a Tooting fan.)

Firstly, we aren't down yet!  But it has been a miserable season regardless.  A lot of it must be down to confidence.  Last season we could be 2 down with 5 minutes to play and still feel that we could get a result.  This season I get the impression that we are expecting to concede a late goal.

But when all is said and done, confidence needs to be instilled b y the management.  I have been supportive of the manager this season, but unfortunately he will have to carry the can for the disappointments of this season.  He obviously had a good, well balanced team last season with which toi build on, but he has failed badly in that regard.  I think he has tried to bring in the right players, but it just hasn't worked out.  I think he was right to give last year's team first crack at this division, and I think he acted fairly quickly early on by bringing in Folkes up front, and a number of central defenders.  Unfortunately, the players that he has brought in just haven't performed for one reason or another.

The manager has also shuffled the pack playing 1 up front, 2 up front, wingers and 3 at the back.  Its not like he hasn't made the effort to turn things around.  No player has been indispensable and everyone has been dropped at least once as Frank has tried to hit upon the right combination.  But as the results bear out, it just hasn't worked.

I'm not sure I hold with the theory that Paul Dale was the brains behind the operation.  I can't remember exactly when he left, but we didn't get a win in the first 10 games while he was here, including some very hefty defeats - so he certainly wasn't the magic panacea.

I don't think the manager can complain about support from the terraces either.  Considering that we have been in the relegation zone all season, I think the support that Frank Wilson has received has been tremendous.  But I can sense that feelings are starting to boil over as relegation has become increasingly likely in the last couple of weeks.  A few new names on the message board have suddenly appeared with their "sack Frank" messages bear this out.

And you can't really blame them.  And even though I have supported the manager, I have to admit that the buck stops with him.  He can only point to bad luck or crucial injuries up to a point.  I don't know what the budget is or how its calculated and I don't really care, but regardless, we have underachieved massively this season.  And that is down to the manager.

Of course he has made mistakes.  There has been the Jordan Wilson saga which doesn't look good as well as the one game recall for Jake Baxter.  I think it shows a bit of muddled thinking during the middle of the season and I think Frank possibly panicked a bit.  Then putting out a sub standard team in the London Senior Cup after he said that it would be a first team competition was also disappointing.

I think he made some good calls earlier in the season by releasing some players when he did, such as Dunn and Cunningham, as they just weren't being effective.  But unfortunately the replacements just haven't done the job either.

He did promote Dominic M-G who has been a success, and by all accounts, Isaiah Jones has looked the part, even though I haven't really seen him play.  

Sack the manager?  Well, it would be pointless now.  As for next season, I don't know.  I am a fan of continuity - it tends to be more successful in the long run.  If we survive, then maybe Frank will have learned some vital lessons this season.  If we go down, then he has a proven record in that division.  I know that these days, relegation is normally rewarded with the sack, but I don't think we should automatically go down that route.

In the meantime, we have 12 points to play for, and I'm hoping that Frank can hit upon the magic formula.  I do think we are going down now, but Frank is a very positive character and a hard worker.  Lets hope that he can transfer those characteristics into points very soon!

Board footera