“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/5/2018 7:24 am  #1

Non Leagues 2018/19 - may change - T&M Southern League East

02/5/2018 7:46 am  #2

Re: Non Leagues 2018/19 - may change - T&M Southern League East

Punishment for getting relegated I presume. No local Derbies (especially if Corinthian Casuals win the play off final).
On the plus side ........................ No sorry can't think of any.

Last edited by DaveM (02/5/2018 7:58 am)

02/5/2018 8:06 am  #3

Some new grounds?  No Essex?

But I have to admit that my heart sank when I saw that proposed line up.

02/5/2018 8:10 am  #4

Hello Andy,
Relief to  see you are up and around and recovering from your stay in hospital. At least you can be stress free for the next few weeks.

Reading the league structures you have posted, these are only projected, the FA have yet to  make their decisions. Sadly if we do end up in the Southern League, it will mark an unbroken run of 62 years in the Isthmian League. Looking at the teams projected to  be in this league it does not look any better than the Combined Counties League What a sad day for the team and it's handful of supporters.  Dave M posts " Punishment for getting relegated," I think it goes far deeper than that!

02/5/2018 8:19 am  #5

One of Corinthian Casuals or Walton Casuals will be promoted so the list will have to change, best to wait and see as things can change at any time with the FA.

02/5/2018 8:43 am  #6

Oh well, it looks like a new league and a new manager should this come to fruition.  The glass half full says a new beginning, the glass half empty says grim.

02/5/2018 9:09 am  #7

New manager?Are you sure.Our league doesn't look to exciting does it?

02/5/2018 9:10 am  #8

And no trips to Kent... which bar a couple (Ramsgate) I can quite happily live with out.
Well at the moment it's rumour and guess work at this time....

I'm sure there will be a lot of twists and turns over the new few days.

02/5/2018 9:46 am  #9

Just a couple of observations
1) With Greenwich Borough and Cray Wanderers now confirmed as remaining in Step 4 following last night's play off games these predictions will no doubt have to be re-visited. (And obviously they are just predictions with any final decisions being made by the FA's NLS structure Committee)
2) The other point to highlight is that the titles given to these leagues could be a little misleading;
There is one new league being created at Step 3 level which on these predictions is called "Central Football League Premier" This league will actually fall under the control of the Southern Football League who will have two divisions at Step 3.
Similarly the additional league at Step 4, "Central Football League One", will fall under the control of the Isthmian League, giving them three divisions at Step 4 level and leaving the Northern League and Southern League with two Step 4 divisions each as they have now

02/5/2018 11:36 am  #10

Certainly agree if a half decent team for this level of football can be sorted, the line up of teams could certainly give as a chance of immediate return to the premier division. I don't want to under estimate these teams I don't know a lot about some of them, but they certainly seem average judging by the finishing last season barring one or two. Looking at this positively, if we returned into division one south as was expected, there is six or seven consistent promotion contenders (Hastings, Hythe, Greenwich, Cray, plus either of the Casuals) and the usual one or two surprises making promotion difficult.

02/5/2018 12:04 pm  #11

Routemaster wrote:

Certainly agree if a half decent team for this level of football can be sorted, the line up of teams could certainly give as a chance of immediate return to the premier division. I don't want to under estimate these teams I don't know a lot about some of them

You want to take a look at what Westfield did last season.

02/5/2018 2:08 pm  #12

We won't even have the consolation of a trip to Guernsey. Could be worse I suppose, they could've put us in with Tilbury.

02/5/2018 2:47 pm  #13

I was talking to a chap concerned with Westfield, on Saturday, he stated they are all for playing attacking football and the main players have already committed themselves to the team next season.
The way he was talking I would prefer they were not in the same league as us.

02/5/2018 4:22 pm  #14

Not quite as I believe that they had already secured promotion by Christmas. Also, they seem to have ambition as a club.

02/5/2018 4:28 pm  #15

i note that on pauls unofficial site frank has suggested from his twitter account that he is planning for next season in whichever of the restructured leagues we are allocated to.
has this guy no shame,he should have done the honourable thing by now and announced his resignation.

02/5/2018 7:27 pm  #16

Not one decent away trip amongst that lot!!!!

😡😡😡😡

02/5/2018 8:46 pm  #17

I thought the same "Fretters", what a bummer.
Worse still, no Guernsey or Carshalton Athletic ( The Hope).
Let us hope this is just a draught and not where we finally end up.
PLEASE!

02/5/2018 9:49 pm  #18

Your ignorance is staggering you two, have you never been to Uxbridge ? It makes Monaco look like Tower Hamlets. Looking at hotels on Trip Adviser already.... Sod Guernsey.

03/5/2018 7:34 am  #19

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Your ignorance is staggering you two, have you never been to Uxbridge ? It makes Monaco look like Tower Hamlets. Looking at hotels on Trip Adviser already.... Sod Guernsey.

Spoke to Precious last night and he is salivating at the prospect of visiting the Didcot Railway Centre, while I can't contain my excitement at the prospect of returning to Bracknell, the town full of roundabouts!!!!

Board footera