“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/8/2018 4:00 pm  #1

Horley Town FA Cup

The game against Horley from the Combined Counties League on Friday evening should be revealing. On Paper this should be a comfortable win! We are now playing in the preliminary round, will we make the 1st qualify round?  The fans need something to shout about ,even if the opposition is   inferior.

22/8/2018 5:18 pm  #2

Re: Horley Town FA Cup

Didn't they beat us a couple of years ago at home ?

We've lost to a number of clubs who play below us in the various leagues anyway. Lets not take this for granted in any way shape or form.

Remember only one club goes down from last season......

22/8/2018 7:14 pm  #3

SSC, I thought we won on Penalties? Not taking anything for granted, just stating fact. The Surrey Senior Cup is just a minor competition nowadays, We'll being fielding our first team for this game, and they have a lot to prove!

22/8/2018 8:35 pm  #4

In my book, no cup is a minor cup, to win anything is an achievement.

22/8/2018 11:20 pm  #5

in my eyes some of the so called bench players should be in the first team starters. I hope matty get the nod in goal and dines and dom get to start maybe even let simpson have run done very well in pre season lets wait and see. any news on Clements

Last edited by TPF (24/8/2018 7:07 am)

23/8/2018 9:48 am  #6

Think Dom should play in every match.Poor Matte seams to have been discarded,shame because he was good keeper.I believe we need a striker,I think Dunn will score goals but from outside box.A number of time Saturday when fullbacks got down sides but couldn't cross because no one there.

23/8/2018 9:53 am  #7

Agree about Dunn, he's a number 10 really. Either needs a number 9 out and out striker in front/with him, else he needs wingers and midfielders running past him as he links play and holds up well. He'll score goals, but not in a traditional number 9 poacher/penalty box way. 

The idea of a friday night game (ignoring the circumstances of why we're playing on a friday) actually sounds quite appealing. Hope we get a couple more through the gate because of this fact. 

23/8/2018 10:52 am  #8

There must be something else behind Pierson's omission.  He has a few season's experience at this level and has performed pretty well over the last couple of years.  I find it hard to believe that Sallis has been selected above Pierson on merit alone.

And regarding Dunn, he has to be given a good run in the team.  He has proven that he has the X factor and can score plenty of goals.  The only downside is that I feel that the team structure has to be built around Dunn to a certain extent to get the best out of him.  But he would be one of the first names on my team sheet at the moment, preferably playing behind a proper number 9.

23/8/2018 11:49 am  #9

I was told by one of the coaches Endo, considering the number of goals conceded last season that Sallis is being given his chance.
I will not repeat my answer.

23/8/2018 2:17 pm  #10

i spoke to matty himself and hes dad and hes been  droped but even though he let a lot of goals in he was our player of the season as fans. I think ive made my view clear that i think he should be our number one but defiantly deserves a run in the fa cup game  weve not won in league or cup in  which seems for ever. Cant forget the new keeper let 4 in first game including a volley ball punch into hes own net. Let's hope for a big crowd and a win to bring momentum into the monday bank holiday league game. Friday night under the lights and a mini cup run bringing some positive talk to the Terrance of the bog end that the fa cup can bring.

Last edited by TPF (23/8/2018 2:21 pm)

23/8/2018 3:25 pm  #11

That's a new one on me!  Dropped for performances in the previous season!  That being the case, I'm surprised any of the defenders are in the team!

23/8/2018 5:13 pm  #12

exactly my point hes dad and matt were over the far side watching game i was very surprised to hear he was dropped from him. I was also told like everyone on here knows that the manager wants to try the younger lads and give them a chance even if that means dropping more senior players. There has only been two games played so i suppose we will have to see how it plays out. We need to start winning there is far less games in  this league and we need momentum to build a solid campaign. That's why i hope we go for every cup this year specially this fridays fa cup we need this elusive win.

24/8/2018 4:16 pm  #13

I see that the manager has drafted in the new U23 goalie, presumably for the bench, for tonight's cup game against Horley.

Also no place in the squad for Rowe and SPB.

24/8/2018 10:31 pm  #14

Matt has now left the club, and can you blame him.
All I hope is, this is one decision the club does not regret, good goalkeepers are hard to find and despite  what others think, I felt he was.
Imagine the total against last year, if the one on ones he made were not successful.

25/8/2018 7:51 am  #15

agree entirely alan,sorry to see matty gone would have been double the goals last season if it ha not been for him.now left with a young rookie lets hope the present management dont regret thier decision to go with youth over experience

25/8/2018 9:37 am  #16

The goalkeeping situation does worry me somewhat. Last night was my first game of the season, and from what I saw, the goalkeeper doesn't exactly fill me with any confidence. I know he's only young, but I think it's a little too early for him to be first choice goalkeeper. But the real problem is that it seems there is inadequate back up, which makes letting Matte go even more bewildering.

25/8/2018 9:52 am  #17

Despite the number of goals conceded I thought Matt was one of the better/consistent players last season. The new keeper doesn't radiate confidence (yet, hopefully he will as becomes more experienced...). All a bit puzzling...

25/8/2018 8:34 pm  #18

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

26/8/2018 4:13 pm  #19

Well I enjoyed it and thought we played ok really... A win is a win and considering the weather both teams did well.

59robbery is right... Time to get behind the team  

26/8/2018 5:41 pm  #20

you are quite right 59r i couldnt make the game on friday but congrats to the team anyway and good luck to them on monday.

26/8/2018 6:58 pm  #21

Endo, I need to put it straight. The sub goalkeeper who plays for the under 23s is a joke. He is better suited to being a joker. He is hopeless & so glad he stayed on the bench,He is about 5 foot 6 & needs to go on a diet.

28/8/2018 4:26 pm  #22

Did anybody get the details of our substitutions during this match please ?
Who for Who and at what times ???  

28/8/2018 5:30 pm  #23

Thanks so much - times anyone ??

28/8/2018 5:43 pm  #24

Arf arf arf ! 

Board footera