“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/8/2018 3:42 pm  #1

28/8/2018 4:22 pm  #2

Re: Chipstead

Incidentally, virtually no supporters comments on this game - nor the Horley game.  Yet in the previous 2 games there were dozens of posts!  Its all very well having a moan up and being terrace managers after a poor result,, but surely there should be a little bit of balance and give a bit of credit when we get a result.  Even if it is to say we were lucky.

For someone like me who can't get to games at the moment, I like to get a feel for the team's performance on the message board as it tends to give a different slant on the game compared to official reports.

I know that if we had lost against Chipstead there would have been someone on here about 1 minute after the final whistle saying the manager is this, the keeper is that and Adkins is the other.  And that would have been followed by loads more.

So lets give our comments on the match whether we win or lose - good and bad.

28/8/2018 4:29 pm  #3

I was waiting for someone to post.I didn't want to be first.I think a good performance by all.All 3 centre backs played well,but will 2 of them be dropped for Sol and Quincy to return??I'm out at moment but will post more when I get chance.No moans from me.
Clive

28/8/2018 5:04 pm  #4

The great thing about winning a game is it seems to stop the negativity. Big test to come on Saturday but hopefully the winning will continue.

28/8/2018 6:10 pm  #5

Defence still looks shakey might changed once Quincy and Sol come back. Tiller looks a good player. Keeper started to make some good saves in the 2nd half. Still think we need an experienced goalkeeper but doubt that's gonna happen. Agree front line looks good and we will score goals but the defence needs to tighten up. We still need an out and out number 9 for Billy to play off for the occasions Isaiah gets down the wing and puts it in the box

Last edited by Wolfie Smith (28/8/2018 6:14 pm)

28/8/2018 7:35 pm  #6

Well Said 'Endofthelane' - agree entirely. 

P.S. I can see Kyle Merson standing with the squad at the end of the pictures Tim has posted - so i think it would be fair for me to conclude that we've signed him up! Good call I think.  

28/8/2018 8:03 pm  #7

Kyle Merson cannot play. I looks to me that he might be part of the coaching staff now.

28/8/2018 9:19 pm  #8

Due to ill health, he is now part of the coaching staff.
What a bum deal for one so young!

Board footera