“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/9/2018 5:37 pm  #1

T&M 2 Ashford Town (Middx) 3

A very entertaining match. Hugely enjoyable, despite the result. We play some lovely stuff going forward, but need to tighten up at the back.

15/9/2018 8:08 pm  #2

Re: T&M 2 Ashford Town (Middx) 3

Ashford Town didn't have to work hard to get their goals.
Concentration and organisation is still lacking at times when defending set plays.

Another game Tooting & Mitcham should not have lost after being the better team for most of it.We have to take a higher percentage of chances created.

Isaiah Jones did score a good goal though. Also nice to see Dan Clements back and will be interesting what position he will play when starting a game.

15/9/2018 9:24 pm  #3

encouraging in many parts but ultimately very frustrating
we had the ability to cut through them and maybe put the game away but opportunities were not taken
I thought we battled well and team spirit looked good and the crowd appreciated it
so don't want to be too downbeat as there were positives
but,as seen in the past, we conceded through lack of defensive awareness and then the opposition saw the game out, slowing the tempo by using all the usual tricks..

also - as good a player as he may have been, the introduction of Billy Dunn when chasing the game achieved little and his lack of mobility meant he was seldom in the opposition box (where I assume he was supposed to be) when chances came to cross the ball in

15/9/2018 11:41 pm  #4

Despite another disappointing result, I cannot feel downbeat. A lot of our approach play was good. It was the end product that was missing. If there was an end product, we would have won this game. At 1-1 I felt confident, and I sensed that the mood amongst the Bog End faithful was positive and we were encouraging the players. But once the second Ashford goal went in, the negativity amongst some of us crept in again, and it seemed to filter on to the pitch.

We are going through a rough patch, I know. And believe me, I’ve supported the club through far worse periods than this. But I get really upset when I hear people start saying things like, “Combined Counties here we come!!!! “ We’re five games into the season for crying out loud!!!!! Some people it seems have written this season off already!!!! Give it time guys.

We move on

Rant over!!!!

TOOTING TILL I DIE!!!!

Board footera