“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/1/2019 3:25 pm  #1

Walton & Hersham

I see that ex Tooting reserve manager Perry Gough has taken over the helm at Walton.  And they are in a terrible state.  They have finally left Stompond Lane and are now sharing with Walton Casuals.  But they are rock bottom of the combined counties league having played more games than everyone else.  It looks like Perry has 15 games left to turn it around there.  I'm not sure how many go down (I think its 2) but they look like going down.  

When you look at their message forum its a terribly depressed place - seemingly with no hope in sight.  Now that we don't ever have to visit Stompond Lane again I suppose I'd like to see them recover.  But is Walton big enough to support 2 clubs at level 3/4?

10/4/2019 7:51 am  #2

Re: Walton & Hersham

Well, they have continued to plumb the depths and need to win their last 3 games AND hope that the 4 teams above them lose all of theirs.  If they do escape it would be the biggest comeback since Tara Moore!

But the reality is they will be relegated from the combined counties premier division and will be playing the likes of Tooting Bec, Dorking Wanderers Reserves and British Airways next season.

And reading the message board, things are no better behind the scenes and its hard to see them ever getting back to the Isthmian.

10/4/2019 9:21 am  #3

Sad this has happen to a once major club. Not sure how much support they got when they moved, it's almost like they have been left to wind down while Walton Casuals take over! AKA Dorking FC and Dorking Wanderers...

25/6/2019 3:50 pm  #4

After their awful relegation, there seems to have been a takeover of sorts at the club.  The owner has seemingly relinquished control to a consortium of teenagers.

Its fair to say that the owner has done a terrible job over the last few years, so whether this latest decision is another disaster or a stroke of genius remains to be seen!

25/6/2019 8:18 pm  #5

As I will frequently be heard to say, some of our supporters do not realise how fortunate we are.

26/6/2019 7:35 am  #6

Board footera