“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/1/2019 5:25 pm  #1

Tooting 0-0 Hanwell

Finished 0-0... Not the best game but certainly not the worst. No end product for us but a good crowd and great atmosphere

19/1/2019 5:45 pm  #2

Re: Tooting 0-0 Hanwell

I think that is a fair summary, Ant. I actually really enjoyed the game. Some great banter too.

19/1/2019 10:07 pm  #3

Neither keeper had much to do today, perhaps that explains the time wasting antics of the Hanwell keeper, he just wanted to maintain a touch of the ball for as long as possible as he was not having much to do during the game.
I personally feel it was an abject performance from both sides and if our management duo have any aspirations regarding the playoff`s, then get somebody in who knows where the goal is, otherwise it will be mid table mediocrity for us, when the season started to show signs of promise before Christmas.
It says it all, in my opinion when it is a defender who is man of the match, although in my opinion Antonio, who I felt did not put a foot wrong, was better, with Daryl coming a close second, not that I am saying that Sol was poor , but he made a couple of mistakes when he nearly played one of the opposition in.

Last edited by alanj (20/1/2019 8:51 am)

20/1/2019 12:01 pm  #4

poor game today,first half not bad but not much to shout about in the second half.hanwell looked like they were happy to settle for a point,we again unfotunatly had no cutting edge whatsoever and the need for a goalscorer is becoming ever more apparent.danny basset has appeared to have gone backwards since earlier in the season and is now almost a passenger.also izzy came on late in the game but to my mind just seemed to want to showboat his way through what was left of the game.stars of the show were definatly the bog end boys who created a very good atmosphere with some great banter with the hanwell goalie who seemed to take it all very well.

20/1/2019 2:17 pm  #5

As nil nils go, I didn't think it was that bad, the lack of goalmouth action would have all been forgotten if the chance of the game with a few minutes remaining, hadn't been hit straight at the goalie, unfortunately I think it fell to the wrong player.
Who the right player would have been I'm not sure, as has been said already our strikers seem totally ineffective. Danny Basset in particular, doesn't give the opposition defenders any problems and seems to shy away from any physical contact at all. "He plays like a girl " was one comment I heard after the game, probably a bit strong, but I know what he meant.
 In contrast, I thought the Hanwell forwards put themselves about and showed more industry and desire than we did, but without quite having the quality to put our goal under any real pressure.
How hard it is to get a goalscorer at this level, I don't know, maybe the playing budget doesn't allow for it, hopefully its not a case of a stubborn manager persevering with what he has, as that is what got us relegated last season.

20/1/2019 4:22 pm  #6

I haven’t been able to get Sham 69’s Hurry Up Harry out of my head since the second half yesterday. The Bog End Choir certainly did it full justice !

https://youtu.be/LdVFzdRZF0Q

20/1/2019 9:59 pm  #7

Thought the game was entertaining of sorts but tempered throughout by the underlying belief that if we are to pursue play off places we should be beating teams like this that are inferior to our players on individual skill levels. I suppose we had our chances and if one of these had been converted .....but the sparsity of direct attempts on goal from 'open play'  is concerning. At least the ref was competent in stark comparison to last weeks officials 

Board footera