“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/1/2019 1:26 pm  #1

Hertford away

No messages regarding another excellent result. Winning away whilst being a man down represents a great effort - especially to rally after their equaliser. Unfortunately the rest of the top half of the table got results so we haven't moved up at all. But I do think we can get into the playoffs.

27/1/2019 1:38 pm  #2

Re: Hertford away

was waitng for a post concerning the hertford game cause was not there ,but must say what a good result despite going down to 10 men so early this seems like a battling result and all credit to the team for coming away with the points,well done.

27/1/2019 1:57 pm  #3

Wasn't there unfortunately, and had totally missed the fact that we were down to ten men, so with that in mind; excellent result. 

How long were we down to ten for? and was it a deserved red?

27/1/2019 2:02 pm  #4

Coleman was sent off at 0-0. According to the website it was a bit of afters!

27/1/2019 2:55 pm  #5

A good performance from all of the team, especially after Daryl Coleman got send off after approximately 35 minutes for an elbow to face of the Hertford No.5 Charlie Edwards. Seeing it live, it looked like a sending off offence but apparently it was a straight arm not an elbow when both players tussled for position. I doubt if the referee will downgrade it to a caution if TMUFC appeal though.

The first goal was well worked after Saidou Khan skipped past the defender on the left and sent over a teasing cross which was met by "Super" Stefan Ilic with a great downward header.

After Hertford Town equalised after a scrambled attempted clearance it was left to Goal Poacher Supreme "You Know We Got" Sol Patterson-Bohner to pounce at the far post to squeeze the ball over the line after "Super" Stefan Ilic's corner was flicked on by "He Comes From Lebanon"  Hady Ghandour to secure the win.

Well played to all the players, coaching staff and of course to all who travelled to the North of Nowhere to follow The Terrors.

Remember that if you cannot get to any of games just follow TMUFC on twitter as it normally has good video updates of most of the games, although it's the wrong screen format (can we have widescreen 16:9 and not phonescreen pretty please).

Football aside, from what I saw during daylight hours Hertford looks like a nice town.

Last edited by FairweatherFan (27/1/2019 3:12 pm)

27/1/2019 5:43 pm  #6

Just saw the penalty incident on YouTube. It doesn't look much to me. A tussle with the defender, who goes down holding his head, Coleman steps over him, defender theatrically then starts holding his leg. The well placed ref see's nothing in it, but the lino thinks otherwise.

27/1/2019 6:02 pm  #7

Highlights here
www.youtube.com/watch?v=itaT-cNGt64

27/1/2019 7:23 pm  #8

Whatever level of football, to play with 10 men for an hour and win a game is a gutsy performance. Up until the penalty incident both teams had looked pretty innocuous, the sending off changed the game entirely, as both teams were struggling to make any impact on the game. From where I was standing I could not see the incident fully, but their number 4 looked like he’d been dealt a death blow! Soon after Coleman had been sent off number 4 was running around like a spring chicken, such is football nowadays.  However, I understand from a Tooting supporter he had stamped on the No 4’s ankle, and he as well as the Linesman were directly in line with the incident.  This was the prelude to many disputed decisions by Hertford, who constantly surrounded the officials, and they faced a lot of verbal abuse from their players, which lasted throughout the game.  

At this low level of football, match officials will be at the same standard as the teams involved. Today’s referee got most decisions right, much to the annoyance of the Hertford players and fans, and perhaps some Terror fans.  

Back to the game, which now came alive, and Sadio Khan who centered a great cross from near the left-hand corner flag, to be headed in by Ilic. Tooting went into half time one up and now playing the more cultured football, yes even at this level, but having to face the whole of second half a man down. However, the Terrors seemed to be holding their own and were making some decisive breaks. But Hertford equalised after a goal mouth scramble. Hertford were going for the win, but the Terrors found many openings especially in midfield, which Hertford had neglected in the search of goals, and having an extra man. Tooting should have settled the game when 3 clear opportunities were missed, but they came back to scramble a well-deserved  goal.  A few minutes from the end the Terrors had another wonderful opportunity to seal the game, but pathetically shot wide.  A great win, under very difficult circumstances. How many red cards this season? Sadio Khan, was easy my man of the match (What is he doing at this level of football?) followed by and excellent display by Simeone.

The pseudo South Central Division is abysmally poor. I thought the old Ryman South was terrible, but it’s light year ahead of this league. Hayes are quietly running away with the league with their experienced team. The remainder are either just also runs, including the Terrors, and the rest are  just trying to avoid relegation back to  where they belong.  Comments have been made from fans, such as  “Happy with a Mid table finish” or “ we can still make the play-offs.” wow what an ambition! Under the current league structure, even making the play-offs is a waste of time.  Unless you can run away with the league it will take years to make any impact on promotion.

No disrespect to the current team, only a couple of players can take us to the next level. The Bostik Premier division is now struggling for quality, where does that leave Tooting? This January the team celebrated  the 60th anniversary of reaching the heights of fame and playing performance, sadly we are just now a junior football Team, what a reality check?   

Last edited by Mikem (27/1/2019 7:27 pm)

28/1/2019 12:07 pm  #9

Match report and link to match photo album from the official website for those without access to Facebook
https://tmunited.org/Pages/Article/286

28/1/2019 7:17 pm  #10

Mikem wrote:

Comments have been made from fans, such as  “Happy with a Mid table finish” or “ we can still make the play-offs.” wow what an ambition! Under the current league structure, even making the play-offs is a waste of time.

After getting relegated last season this season is just a consolation season. I think that we are doing quite well considering the start of the season we had. The boys dug in deep on Saturday and deserved the win.

Board footera