“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/2/2019 3:30 pm  #1

Bedfont Sports tonight

All, please be aware that Bedfont Sports pitch is within a Leisure Centre complexed and I'm told is a "No Smoking" stadium

06/2/2019 8:42 am  #2

Re: Bedfont Sports tonight

Even the smokers will have left Bedfont happy last night. Terrific result yet again in trying circumstances. Well done to the lads and thanks to the supporters who travelled.

06/2/2019 9:33 am  #3

Great result. Any match report available yet ?

06/2/2019 9:54 am  #4

There's a report on the Facebook page.  But to summarise, we were all over them in the 1st half but couldn't find the net.  Khan got sent off in the 2nd half, but it sounds like we were still on top before Bassett scored the 88th minute winner.

Incidentally, I think the manager has been criticised in the past for his choice of substitutions.  But last night he got it spot on.  I notice that after the sending off he brought on 2 attacking players when other managers may have tried to protect the point.  And the goal was scored by a sub and assisted by a sub.

06/2/2019 10:46 am  #5

You’re spot on about the subs Endo. We started the game in a 4-3-3 formation. After the sending off, the management team didn’t change the shape - we effectively just carried on as a 4-2-3. Whilst that meant we didn’t dominate in midfield quite as much as we had been, through Dinesy and Dom, we still gave as good as we got and always looked the more threatening of the two sides up front. Hady and Bassett replaced a tiring Jordan and Leon up front with about 25 minutes left, and Dontai, who had played a full 90 minutes for the U23s only 24 hours earlier, was thrown on in place of Stefan for the final 6 minutes. At no stage in the game were we ever playing for just one point!

06/2/2019 2:09 pm  #6

Yeah subs changed the game last night.  Although we were always on top the subs just gave us a new threat. 

We never played for a draw at any point.  In fact in injury time Wedgie was in their box trying to get a second. Nearly gave me a heart attack! 

Great performance.  Keep it up boys.

06/2/2019 2:17 pm  #7

wasnt there last night but must add my congrats sound like a great perfomance under the circumstances.
well done.

06/2/2019 2:49 pm  #8

Two away games on the trot won with a man down shows commitment well done to the squad and management

06/2/2019 9:27 pm  #9

The talent at our club is exceptional-let's not beat about the bush,we were a class above the opposition for the whole game.The quality of our passing & movement was a delight to watch-if only we could convert a small percentage of our chances Bedfont would have been embarrassed.The spirit & determination of this squad is first class and when something goes against them they just step up the pace.It was disappointing to lose another player to a straight red and this is unlike Khan(he had received a couple of heavy late tackles in the first half and I think he was a bit upset).Unfortunately,it was a pity because he was showing what a tremendous attacking/controlling midfielder he is.We did make the right decision with the starting line-up by not starting with Danny Bassett who has been a bit off his best form in the last few games and he was raring to go when he came on.Welldone to Dontal Stewart when he started with just a few minutes to go-he got straight into the game strongly providing a pin point cross for Danny to score.

Board footera