“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/4/2019 3:32 pm  #1

No Playoffs

Not the biggest surprise that we didn't quite make the playoffs, although the weekend's results were a bit of a damp squib.

But 6th or 7th is probably what we deserve.  I note that in our 10 games against the top 5 we had 4 draws and 6 defeats.  And despite playing well in a number of games, I don't think we've given anyone a good hiding this season.

But on the positive side, since the season-turning result at Egham, we have only suffered 4 defeats in 30 games.  And we have only failed to hit the net once in that period as well.

Incidentally, in my season preview back in August, I picked Hayes to win the league with Westfield to make the playoffs.

Lottery numbers will be available next week.

24/4/2019 12:55 pm  #2

Re: No Playoffs

The season has fizzled out in the last few games, like mid table games before play offs were introduced. Except we did have something to play for, a few wins could have put pressure on Westfield and you never know what could have happened. No, we haven,t been good enough, we finish where we deserve to be. The terrible start and lacklustre finish to the season have left us undeserving of anything.
I have spoken to other fans that think this  is the best outcome, that a good start to this season would have left us with too many players from the relegation season still with us, and that a clear out was necessary for a more committed promotion attempt next term. That may be true, but only if we actually do get promotion next season. Another failure next year would be hard for us to take. The fans don,t deserve to be in this division, a bit of success will help to keep the new fans that have appeared in the last months and hopefully attract a few more.

Board footera