“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/5/2019 8:05 am  #1

SSC Final - Plod Side

Interview with the Plod manager about yesterday's play-off and tonight's game, he is saying they will play a mix of under 18 & Under 23's tonight!

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/metropolitanpolicefc/videos/post-match-interview-with-gav-146155.html

Most the Tooting side qualify for the U23's anyway....

Last edited by DaveM (07/5/2019 8:30 am)

07/5/2019 2:12 pm  #2

Re: SSC Final - Plod Side

I can see why they would do this.  Not so much that they played yesterday - I would expect most players to be able to manage 2 games in 2 days - but this shambolic playoff system this year that means they have a further playoff against the Bostik play off winners on Saturday.

I know that fatigued muscles are far more susceptible to pulls and strains, so there is a much higher likelihood of their players getting some sort of muscle strain should they play tonight.

So while I wish teams would make a serious effort to win the county cups from the 1st round onwards, I think that in this unusual scenario, I would probably accept it if we were in their shoes.

07/5/2019 2:16 pm  #3

Re: SSC Final - Plod Side

Totally agree.

From the results they have had in the SSC in the previous rounds it looks like they had a strong line up in each match so took the competition seriously.

Board footera