“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/6/2019 10:21 am  #1

Couple more departures

I see that Simeone has decided to move on.  Don't know where though.. The same with Ilic.

Don't want to be a doom monger this early into pre season, but we have lost half the team already - the best half of the team as well.  I was really hoping for a bit of continuation from last season, but its already looking like we will be starting from scratch again.

12/6/2019 11:27 am  #2

Re: Couple more departures

My pre season optimism is disappearing fast "Endo"
My worry now is will "Daryl" now decide that the club has no ambition and he may also decide to move on.
We all know that players do move on during the close season but I would have felt that after the positive end of season finish, they might have felt that this season would see us do better and improve upon it, and wish to be a part of it.

Last edited by alanj (12/6/2019 11:28 am)

15/6/2019 12:41 pm  #3

The problem is we have got a owner that is only interested with making money out of the u23’s good luck to the boys that gone on to better club ‘s but he should be also strengthening the first team not weakening it

21/6/2019 10:06 am  #4

Eddie Dines joins the exodus to Merstham.  At least central midfield is an area where we still have a bit of depth.

21/6/2019 12:06 pm  #5

Shame! the trouble is that Frank knows our team inside out as well as the under twenty-three`s, I wonder how long it will be before he starts raiding them.
Let us hope that with all the recent departures they will feel they have a better chance of progressing to our first team rather than Merstham.

21/6/2019 1:20 pm  #6

The shame is Alan, that they would rather play for someone who's last season in the Premier Division was an utter and complete disaster than us.

Read into that what you like.

21/6/2019 1:37 pm  #7

I think the lure of playing a division higher would attract most players irrespective of the new managers credential`s, or lack of them! bearing in mind none of them are exactly starting their career`s.
Good luck to them I say but it is bitterly disappointing from a fans perspective that a season which was promising so much appears to be now heading down the pan.

21/6/2019 6:34 pm  #8

And they're probably getting more money. Good luck to them I say.

Board footera